Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

Time to change ISP if they don't care maybe they will if we all leave! Then they will call us and and offer us some great deal to come back lol
I Plan to Stick Around

i've already been offered a 75$ prepaid mastercard for switching back.  I said no lol

I'm Here A Lot

Who did you go to?

I've Been Around

Most likely TekSavvy. I will switch after I my 1 year commitment is complete. Rogers offered me 15% off on all our services, a free installation and house infrastructure tune up, and the extreme plan with the modem and taxes included for $62.99 /month, to stay and I guess I couldn't really say no. I don't play WOW anymore but I do use OnLive which is a cloud gaming service that streams games to crappy PC's and TV's lol. It uses like 1.8 GB per hour, so even 150 GB a month is not enough. If you've never heard of OnLive check it out, it's free to sign up, no credit card required and you can demo all games for free =).

Rogers really needs to improve latency though, it's abysmal and the upload rates are so pathetic.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

hey guys i just recently read about some people we disconnecting on monday i too had the same issue me and my brother were being thrown off and it was really annoying since 23 other ppl were waiting for us and eventually me and my brother left since we didn't want to hold them back any longer i haven't had this issue in a while but it does return and it really agaitates me they seriously have to do somehting about this. I read that it was happening in barrie ppl were being thrown off however i live in the gta thornhill to be exact and me and a bunch of my friends were also disconnecting as well.

I Plan to Stick Around

a few pages ago i mentioned it a few times, i went Teksavvy cable highspeed. I haven't looked back once. Nothing rogers can do to ever receive my business ever again.
I've Been Here Awhile

i do plan on switching over the inlimited bandwith is a huge attraction for me as well as not being thrown off WoW however i'm locked in until oct Smiley Sad

I Plan to Stick Around

Last night my girlfriend and myself were continually thrown off of wow, mid raid, over and over and over.  Everything else on the internet worked perfectly.  We have no bittorent clients on our network and the p2p feature of the game launcher disabled.  She was removed from the raid (missed our first 25man Ragnaros kill), I stayed only cause they couldn't find a replacement but my friends were pretty angry when I wiped them for 2 hours from dropping seeds in the raid etc from being disconnected and dealing massive lag spikes.

My friends in America and Australia and the UK that I play with flat out laugh at my Rogers service.  Our biggest fastest internet provider can't handle a game that millions of others isp's can.  Rogers discourages other businesses from using the internet as a medium, such as Netflix and Wow. That’s a lot of lost tax revenue.  Something the CRTC should consider.

When I contacted tech support last night they admitted there is a problem with their P2P throttling unintentionally affecting WoW, and that they are looking into it.  So much for their “fix”.  They also stated they do not support online games. Our biggest isp does not support online games!!!!

Pathetic.  Why have I not moved to Teksavy as I intended a while ago to do yet?  Ugh  I guess I was stupid enough to believe Rogers when they said they had fixed it

I've Been Around

Ran a tracert to one of the New York Data centers:

PvP Dalvengyr199.107.6.216

Outcome:

Tracing route to 199.107.6.216 over a maximum of 30 hops

1     1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.0.1
  2     6 ms     5 ms     6 ms  7.16.12.1
  3     6 ms     5 ms     6 ms  69.63.255.57
  4     6 ms     5 ms     5 ms  69.63.250.113
  5     9 ms     9 ms     9 ms  69.63.250.122
  6    26 ms    27 ms    27 ms  69.63.251.129
  7    26 ms    28 ms   241 ms  TenGigabitEthernet9-2.ar7.NYC1.gblx.net [64.208.169.149]
  8    30 ms    29 ms    30 ms  192.205.33.5
  9    30 ms    29 ms    29 ms  cr1.n54ny.ip.att.net [12.122.131.86]
 10    29 ms    29 ms    29 ms  gar1.nw2nj.ip.att.net [12.122.131.81]
 11    31 ms    29 ms    30 ms  12.122.251.10
 12    54 ms    37 ms    42 ms  mdf001c7613r0004-gig-10-1.nyc3.attens.net [63.240.65.18]
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Hop 12 being the last hop according to http://www.wowwiki.com/US_realm_list_by_datacenter

Trying to figure out why the: TenGigabitEthernet9-2.ar7.NYC1.gblx.net [64.208.169.149] address is spiking up that high.

High congestion in the network? Do we have to wait for Rogers to add more hardware to alleviate all the oversubscription?

This happened to me in March-April and then stopped until it happened again yesterday. Also happening to a friend who lives 3-4 blocks away from where I live. I've heard that TekSavvy uses Rogers backbone, so will switching to Teksavvy really fix the problem?

I Plan to Stick Around

Neverdeeps, yes the problem is fixed with Teksavvy... sadly the hop 7 will not, but that's not what actually causes it since i still have that much at that hop but there's no wow issue at all.

I switched to Teksavvy on April 25'th ( 48$ plan tax included for 300 gigs 15 download ) and the same day the problem disappeared, i run multiple p2p on my connection on multiple pc's. Roomate uses netflix on the ps3 in the living room while playing Rift on the notebook and i use p2p while paying wow, all with no issues at all. Incredible how much the issue really doesn't exist "yet".. * keeping my fingers crossed*

I switched mid contract, i didn't wait, screw rogers and their contract, even if i had to pay 100$ to cancel it was worth a million dollars to switch.