Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ressy
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

Keep in mind there are still other games affected, which Rogers is absolutely ignoring.

Canadian Gamers Organization:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/142158409200789

Fayth
I've Been Around

I'm just wondering, do these issues only occur while a P2P client is active on the network? Does that include Skype? I don't mind forbidding torrents on my network, but Skype is a must and I've been reading that the Rogers throttling effects Skype as well.
Brucemartin2010
I Plan to Stick Around

And I'm wondering if this issue only affects folks with Rogers' DOCSIS 3.0 modems?

Is it really an issue at Rogers' head end, or is it (yet another) issue with these poor Rogers modems?

This wouldn't be the first time users correctly diagnosed a issue before Rogers techs manage to.

Is anybody with the old Mortorola Surfboard modem having these problems?

emcdonald
I Plan to Stick Around

That's a very good point.  Could be.  

I will say, whatever the problem is, it is definitely NOT fixed.  I thought it had been resolved and then last night I spent the majority of my raid trying to log back in before I got kicked from the group for my connection problems.  Rest of my internet worked perfectly.  Rogers just doesn't work with online games.  So sad.

Guess I'll have to go back to what I intended to do a while ago and switch to Teksavy like so many others.  I really wish they would just give up on the throttling thing to the extremes they are.  I mean, seriously if you have to throttle, why not cut it to 5Mbs or something that is managable on the network, but wont disconnect me from severe packetloss every 10 mins from the application I got the internet for in the first place.

Another complaint to the CRTC is in order.

Caboose
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, it's fairy obvious this "fix" worked just about as well as the last fix that Rogers put out. I am so incredibly frustrated with this, I am seriously considering attempting to convince the person who buys my internet to switch to another ISP just to fix this problem. I seriously wonder what exactly Rogers has been doing that has caused this issue to go unfixed for months (I have lost count of the exact number).

Ressy
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I suspect the 'fix' hasn't been pushed to all Rogers DPI systems..

My friend's WoW didn't start working properly until around July 13th - 1 1/2 months after Rogers stated it was fixed, and he can now play WoW properly with his father running p2p. 

Still several games affected, which Rogers is ignoring.

Canadian Gamers Organization is going to be looking into additional games, and testing them, and doing CRTC complaints on behalf of users.

If you wish to report a game to us, you can do so on our very new (and pretty empty) forums. lol.  We'll work with you to track down the cause of the problem, and if it is an ITMP issue with Rogers, we'll complain on your behalf to the CRTC.

http://cdngameorg.yuku.com/

This is all so gamers are heard, as Rogers is doing a great job of ignoring us.

Phil_Mason
I'm Here A Lot

5 of us mid raid random spikes and disconnects.  nobody is downloading p2p and its disabled in the launcher.  Area that is affeced for us ranges from Barrie and Sutton.  Some days we have no issues at all and then it hits us like a truck.  While this is happening all other applications / games we play seem to work fine.  From TF2 to L4D, Ventrilo, Teamspeak, Minecraft...  However in World of Warcraft we go from 100ms upto 3000ms at times.

rmaurice
I've Been Around

Me and a friend in the Barrie are experiencing the same issue.  Were getting random disconnect and high latency.  Switch to a different game and no issue.  Seem to happen between the time of 7 and midnight on Sundays.  Any other night seem to be pretty smooth.   We disabled the P2P feature in World of warcraft and the issue was still ongoing.  

Can we get Rogers to resolved this issue please. 

Phil_Mason
I'm Here A Lot

Exact same time frame for us, sometimes it happens monday around that time as well.  Other than that its smooth

Phil_Mason
I'm Here A Lot

Although looking at my ping right now, its still happening currently.  Just got disconnected.