Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patr1
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

Thanks Ressy.  I...I can't quite believe this.  The CRTC, our CRTC, actually asking for proof?  Is it the 'Rapture'?  Keep us posted.

Cheers!

gabbie1977
I Plan to Stick Around

Ressy don't give up!  we all have your back on this one.

Brucemartin2010
I Plan to Stick Around

Congratulations, Ressy! It looks like all your hard work to get this resolved may finally be paying off.

I hope this signals and end to that dark chapter in the CRTC's history when they just blindly accepted Rogers' claims that all customers are either **bleep** or lying

Brucemartin2010
I Plan to Stick Around

BTW, the word that Rogers "Bleeped" begins with "stu" and ends with "pid". Whoda thought?

Tarz
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm honestly getting sick of Rogers' arrogance.  Not only regarding this, but their other throttling and their ridiculous data caps.  The sad thing is unless the cavemen at the CRTC actually encourage competition rather than handing Bell and Rogers their monopoly Rogers doesn't have to do anything.  It makes me sick to my stomach.  Shame on your Rogers, the second a viable competitor comes to the market you are going to see HUGE amounts of cancelations.  I can only dream of the day.

Tarz
I've Been Here Awhile

Nicely Done Ressy!

and that business of them not recieving any calls about it in May and June is complete BS.  I personally have called at least 5-6 times in May and June.

I hope this at least will get some results!

halldorr
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, took a break from the game and noticed this is still alive and well. Two random dc's tonight, one last night.

gabbie1977
I Plan to Stick Around

Ressy today was the deadline written in the last letter.  Now i'm sure they probably won't disclose the test information to you, how ever do you know if they did respond to it?

Ressy
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I received an email this morning from the CRTC stating Rogers had filed information in confidence yesterday.

One of my friends reports the Wow fix kicked in for him 2 weeks ago - 5 weeks AFTER Rogers said they fixed it.

Also, if you're not chain disconnecting while you have p2p active, and only having sporadic disconnections, this issue doesn't apply to you.

gabbie1977
I Plan to Stick Around

Hmm interesting, well i'm glad its been fixed, or apperantly fixed.  They probably got a big eye opener from CRTC's last letter and proceeded to finish off what they were originally supposed to do.

Thanks for everything Ressy, awesome work you did.