Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

any updates?

I Plan to Stick Around

Just downloaded 4.1, and I cant stay connected for more than 2 minutes. Ive tried unchecking and checking the new connect feature they added and it doesn't change anything. At least before 4.1, sometimes I could play without too much lag, but now it is unplayable.

I Plan to Stick Around

I guess im lucky I didnt get throttled at all during that patch downloaded it at 2.5mb/s which is fine by me of course i had some disconnecting issues but thats cause the patch caused errors with the instances but everything is great today no disconnects no issues so far wierd.

I Plan to Stick Around

Seriously enough to have the same response being posted every 5-10 pages of the thread? Seems more like an insult..

I Plan to Stick Around

Why bother posting if you are not going to read what others are saying? We are having problems while P2P is NOT running, and there is no P2P activity going on while you are playing the game, only while you are patching it.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Ressy

See my post regarding My Complaint to the CRTC, if it survives the night. The bandwidth caps for bulk purchasers of Internet bandwidth (ISPs) complaint tickets are open.

This is the time for all users to get their beefs into the CRTC and attempt to influence our future online.

I believe (see my referred to post) that the major competitors have an unfair and non-competitive  market advantage over the television market using their Internet services. I wouldn't believe using one to get an unfair advantage in another market would be allowed somehow, somewhere...please???? LOL

Now if I can make this text actually appear this time, It will be a miracle on this forum!

Update:

http://bit.ly/mASGWN

tl;dr

CRTC is mostly happy with how Rogers handled this major screw up.  I guess they completely ignored the fact that Rogers hasn't bothered to look into the other programs I'd brought up, and the fact that users were ignored by Rogers employees for months that this was a problem.

Either way, CRTC is stating Rogers must give us status reports at the end of May & end of June regarding this issue.

Better than nothing I guess, as thats what we've gotten in this thread in the last few months: Nothing.

I Plan to Stick Around

@ Ressy.

Thanks again for all your hardwork.  It appears that (surprise) CRTC is in the pockets of Rogers and Bell and will hopefully correct this issue in the future.  

I don't expect to be on these forums for much longer, as I'll probably be banned from them.

I took offense to a mod calling ME a liar, that I posted fraudulent & misleading statements (which they're not), when he's been proven to be the liar.

Anyways, this has been posted on the DSLReports.com website in the Rogers forum as well, so if you want to be kept up to date, I'll be posting there.

I Plan to Stick Around

Don't expect any help from the CRTC for the next four or so years.  In fact, I expect things to get substantially worse.