Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

rahba wrote:

The funny thing is, prior to all this talk about UBB/Throttling and all the other nonsense, I hadn't even heard of Teksavvy and other resellers. My service was good, solid speeds, low latency, very little downtime so I wasn't even that bothered by all the usage caps. I really hope for your sake Rogers, you're saving enough money from this absurdity to make up for all the lost customers.

My fear is that Rogers will be okay because Bell can be just as horrible, and if they both just end up trading customers because of their poor service then both of these companies win. Even if you choose a third party they'll still see part of your money since the connections are leased from them.

What we need is true regulation from the CRTC. If the CRTC doesn't exist to protect the consumer then I'm not sure what the point of its existence is. Make sure you vote for someone that realizes the importance of this issue.

+1. 

That is the biggest dillema, imo. You can switch to Bell from Rogers, but Bell is just as bad. You can switch to a reseller, but then you lose some of the benefits (truck rolls being the main one, $80 or something to fix something that the telecom is responsible for? Awesome. Not to mention the slower speeds (6+Mb with Bell DSL, 4Mb with resellers)) but the major ISP still sees some of the revenue.

I've Been Around

Rogers has the second worst customer service on the planet. Guess whose last?

I Plan to Stick Around

Wonder if you above posters are just Rogers trolls.

At least I'm not lagging on Bell.. <30ms ping.

I Plan to Stick Around

simingy wrote:

Wonder if you above posters are just Rogers trolls.

At least I'm not lagging on Bell.. <30ms ping.

It's a good thing a low ping is more important than reasonable caps. Oh, wait..

Yeah, it's cool when everything is throttled and you still pay hundreds in overages..

I also like the fact that all the articles related to this throttling fail to include the fact that throttling occurs even when P2P isn't in use, at all.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

are you guys running bit torrent when you are playing war craft? that was the known problem, try closing bit torrent

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Pauly, thats just not an option for some.

Such as "Dad, turn off your torrents.  I can't play my game."

Or "Hi tenant.  You need to stop doing this cuz its affecting my game."

So yeah..

Also, people should stop posting links here.  All the links you post, a Rogers employee shows up spouting their drivel again.

They even posted on mmoc...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Oh look, the day I tell Roger's I want to cancel my account is the same day my issues get even worse.

The quality of service Roger's provides is beyond sub par and the regulating bodies in Canada do next to nothing to stop it. Let's all move to Kansas City where Google is installing gigabit lines to every single home. The best part of that is, no city in Canada will ever be considered for projects like these because of **bleep**ty regulations put forth by the CRTC.

Welcome to Canada, where our Internet in major city centers is on par with that of third world countries.

I Plan to Stick Around

I thought this was about wow lagging, now how much you can BT (caps) etc.

If you want unlimited, go with Teksavvy.

If you want unlimited unthrottled, go with Teksavvy MLPPP

If you want unlaggy wow and doesn't care about caps, go with Bell

if you want..... well, expensive internet that doesn't work, go with Rogers.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Anybody get this browser pop-up box?

"Your Internet packettes have been throttled due to bandwidth congestion.

For $0.75 let Rogers notify you when the throttling has been removed"

LOL

I Plan to Stick Around

Lar123 april fools joke right?

Screenshot or it never happened