Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

I promised you all that I'd file my response by today.

Here it is:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9038867/Rogers/Rogers%20ITMP%20Complaint%20March%2029%202011.pdf

I Plan to Stick Around

Outstanding.

Now, will anything come of it? My bet would be no. The CRTC doesn't care (and we are now in an election), and Rogers doesn't care.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you, Ressy.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Ressy!! i couldn't of said it better myself.  They have forced me to move on, as of April - 25 i will be with teksavvy, just waiting for my 30 day cancellation to be over.

I hope your voice is loud enough to be known how many people it actually carries with it.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Ressy, wonderful reply, thank you again for all the work you've done here and on the Blizzard boards! I almost wonder if this is something http://openmedia.ca/ would be interested in, they had a HUGE affect on Bell's attempt at UBB and got the government involved. Maybe the election can actually be a good thing in getting this noticed, the parties are going to want to seem to be 'active' in this sort of thing to win votes with it being so fresh in public mind Smiley Wink

Ah, the irony of how long its taking me to load any pages today, Rogers Ultimate eh? Can't play WoW, can't surf the internet, whee!

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Darkpaw wrote:
Outstanding.

Now, will anything come of it? My bet would be no. The CRTC doesn't care (and we are now in an election), and Rogers doesn't care.

Funny thing about computer technology. Years back, before the multimedia revolution took a grip, computer technology was thought to be driven by business and a back seat was taken to gamers and the multimedia crowd. 

Then it was realized that the multimedia / gamer crowd was driving the whole market as businesses had no need for sound, especially, let alone high-resolution colour graphics and yet these items became standard in every computer manufactured and ceased to become only expensive toys options, as originally portrayed.

This attitude seems to be manifesting itself by this ISP with the Internet, in general and me thinks they are going to find out the hard way. Their "bread'n butter" is with the gamers and mm people in this fast paced world. Business will take a back seat on their coat tails and Rogers needs to get with the programme.

Having siad that I am not a gamer, at all. I watch many as I marvel in the technology advances since I had my fix back in the 80s. with real time games then.

I Plan to Stick Around

Smile, Rogers... You are now on MMO-Champion. Every semi-hardcore WoW gamer now knows to stay away from you...

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2229-Ensidia-is-Awesome-Rogers-throttling-WoW-Guild-Challenges-P...

I've Been Around

As much as I like to see consumers winning the day and getting this issue resolved, I've moved on.  Bell installed on Saturday.

Rogers customer for 10+ years. No more. Will probably ditch Rogers TV too just to bring the bills in-line.

I Plan to Stick Around

The funny thing is, prior to all this talk about UBB/Throttling and all the other nonsense, I hadn't even heard of Teksavvy and other resellers. My service was good, solid speeds, low latency, very little downtime so I wasn't even that bothered by all the usage caps. I really hope for your sake Rogers, you're saving enough money from this absurdity to make up for all the lost customers.

My fear is that Rogers will be okay because Bell can be just as horrible, and if they both just end up trading customers because of their poor service then both of these companies win. Even if you choose a third party they'll still see part of your money since the connections are leased from them.

What we need is true regulation from the CRTC. If the CRTC doesn't exist to protect the consumer then I'm not sure what the point of its existence is. Make sure you vote for someone that realizes the importance of this issue.

I Plan to Stick Around

@rahba

Unfortunatly the hot topic in the political circles right now is the fiscal budget, not the problems plauging the telecom sector. I did in fact send a letter to each of the major political parties offices requesting some information on what stance they have on the current telecom situation in Canada and what they plan to do about companies like Robbers, but I doubt I will get any response.