Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

Story has also been picked up by Ars Technica:

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2011/03/oops-major-canadian-isp-admits-throttling-world-of-w...

Welcome to the world wide web, Rogers, where news easily becomes viral.

I hope that it's incidents like this that will bring about NetNeutrality in Canada. I really hope it causes you to remove your DPI.

You can't mess with a nerd's World of Warcraft. We get grumpy. 🙂

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

With all the Facebook revolutions this year I'd suggest that those of you on FB put a link to this thread in your status.  

Also lets just be clear here as well.  It's not only WoW that's being throttled it's also Starcraft and for myself COD Modern Warfare 2.  So it's clealy not the manufacturers fault(no matter how much Rogers wishes/tells us it is) it's Rogers and their handling of the traffic.    

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I wish Rogers would have included the date that they contacted Blizzard about the problem with their response to the CRTC - less than a week before their response was due!

Guess they needed to make it look like they were actually doing something about it.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I'm doing that in my response.  Just about ready.

Just need to have the other complainant sign off on it. 🙂

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Looks like were getting notices

http://n4g.com/news/730515/oops-major-canadian-isp-admits-throttling-world-of-warcraft/com

This also hit N4G which is a huge site for gamers as well so mad at rogers for all of this

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It's great that we're getting noticed.  Hopefully the groundswell will force Rogers into immediate action to rectify this.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

i called level 1 tech last night for a specific reason, and while on the phone i asked them if they were aware of this new subject.  The guys response was "i read something on it" but quickly avoided the subject, i them proceeded to ask him if he was instructed not to talk about it and right away he repeated what he previously had asked me to do.  Nice to see its reached level 1 and how they are avoiding the subject 🙂

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Highlighted
I've Been Around

funny so i wanted to go to the crtc website to see how i can complain directly : 

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to www.crtc.gc.ca

Try reloading: www.­crtc.­gc.­ca

Additional suggestions:

• Access a  cached copy of www.­crtc.­gc.­ca
  • Search on Google:

... yet every other site works fine.. *Icy Glare Rogers*
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor