Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ressy
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

I'll post it in the Rogers thread on the wow battle.net boards when I get it.

gabbie1977
I Plan to Stick Around

i have been actively reading this thread on and off for the past month.

I am a heavy wow player, i mean 5 + hours of play daily.

I also do play Starcraft 2 quite heavily

I am located in London, I use the 69.99$ option with Rogers and here is what i have found, yet cannot understand why or how, really more questions then answers.

Wow will play flawlessly until i have a single torrent running in the background.  I constantly test it, i've gone as small as 20 megs, but the moment i run an torrent, i do mean the exact moment i do, i cannot play Wow or SC2 at all.  What happens? Simple, i disconnect as soon as i login, and all latency in game shows 100ms world & game play.

I exit and quit the torrent and the moment i do, my wow or SC2 will play flawlessly again.

Is there anything i can do?  I'm giving Rogers exactly 30 days and since i've been a member of rogers for 11 years, it is time i move to another provider to give it a shot.  def not worth the 69.99$ / month

Ressy

gabbie1977:

Theres nothing you can do, other than not torrent right now.

Sometime today Rogers is answering my complaint about this, so after that we'll be able to see more clearly where we're at.

KingNerd
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers_Chris and RogersElise promised updates in this thread going back to March 11th.

Todays the due date for the CRTC response.

Let's hear it. I want to hear why I can't use your services that I pay for... pay way more than I should for...

gabbie1977
I Plan to Stick Around

what crtc response are you speaking of?

Ressy

gabbie1997:

I made a CRTC complaint last month against Rogers for throttling gaming traffic.  CRTC rules state they aren't allowed to throttle/shape time-sensitive traffic (such as gaming, VOIP, video streaming, etc) without prior permission, which they don't have.

Still waiting on my response... I do believe they have until the end of business today to send it though.. *sigh*

They also knew about it BEFORE I made this thread.......  Yet they did nothing to fix it until my complaint.

Ressy

KingNerd
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm pretty sure that no one agreed to this kind of throttling, so hopefully, Rogers will honour it as an invalidation of people's contracts with them.

3 more months of this, guys. Get out while you can.

subl
I've Been Here Awhile

Three more months for a "software modification"? How complex is this system? Are they writing their own packet inspector from scratch and compiling it themselves?

At least a date is something. Hopefully the lag and disconnects will be fixed for the long run.

cow
I'm Here A Lot

So this is why they were soo ready to let me out of my contract.  Now i think ill stay...For a refund of the months of poor service and free untill the fix is implimented 🙂

Calling  now to break some nuts.