Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

Again... another night of constant dc's. Throttle WoW more Rogers; it's a wonder I can even connect at all.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Also the lack of free speech from moderators in here is pretty apalling.

Less covering up, more problem resolution and communication.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So the past 2 days have been a headfake for me as last night there was alot of lag.  I also checked with Teksavvy and their not available in my area.  

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

What area? I just put in a request with Teksavvy to provide me with service. Rogers is a joke for treating MMO players like we are breaking the law.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

http://www.canadianisp.ca/ is a great resource for finding what ISPs are in your area (sometimes it does require a little investigative work on your part, as even if the ISP only has dial up in your area, but offers say Cable or DSL in another area, it'll still show as having them all in your area).

Just hurry up and save the link before someone at Rogers decides to delete this post!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Looks like Rogers will probably have to disable their DPI soon anyways.

Might want to do your customers a service (for once in the last decade) and disable it PROACTIVELY rather than REACTIVELY later when Paramount starts hassling you.

Paramount is actually embracing BitTorrent with the release of the upcoming horror movie, The Tunnel.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Paramount-The-Tunnel-BitTorrent-Julian-Harvey-Sydney-australia,news-1049...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

This movie is an interesting concept. Finally, the way it SHOULD be released. I download (or at least used to) a fair amount of movies, and I DO buy the ones I consider worth buying. I have an extensive DVD collection, and am slowly building my BluRay collection now. But there are tons of movies that I would just never buy, and the others I won't buy until I know if it's worth forking out the $20-35 to get it (since you can't return it if you don't like it).

HOWEVER....

After watching the trailer for this new movie, I can't help but notice the tagline at the very end of it:

"The light runs out SOON....on TORRENTS."

Double-meaning? They're releasing it on torrent, great. But it sounds like they intend to "turn out the lights" on torrents, of course meaning ending them. So which is it? Sounds like a good concept, but smells like a rat (or rather, a trap).
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Only a few more weeks and then I will be done with Rogers - and I will never go back. Not to mention I will be telling everyone I meet to stay away as well.

You have really dropped the ball here Rogers, and I am not just talking about the whole WoW throttling issue as there are a multitude of others.

Lot's of your customers are starting to figure out that the only way to get a message to you is to speak with their wallets.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Heres the way i see it.

Rogers how much does it cost you to get a new customer?

How much would it cost you to keep the ones in this thread?

Usually it will cost 10 times more to get a new customer than it would to keep your existing customers. Plus the loss of investment made to get the customer in the first place.

So being that this issue looks to be somthing that was picked up by your initiative to fight p2p.  Would it not be more cost effective to turn off the shaping untill you can sort this out and keep all customers happy.  Then once you have it sorted out you can go back to messing with your p2p customers.  This would keep more people happy.

I now have a Bell fibre line intalled and provided they offer Fibre TV soon i will pick it up as well. 

I know you have the stats that show how much it costs to get a new customer and how many have left because of this problem.  Add another lost customer to the list.

I may be just a drop in the ocean but what will you do when its raining out? 

Maybe its time your company started looking at your customer satisfaction on a customer to customer basis.  I know when i called the rep was quick to offer me a fast way out of being a customer rather than have faith the tech side would address the problem.  How many times a day does this occur where your staff, be it tech or customer service feel its easier to let the customer go rather than fix the complaint.  You should be gaining and keeping your customers one customer at a time!!  In todays market where noone has any loyalty to a product/retailer your current methods will result in huge churn fluctuations.  This will im sure be attrubuted to other issuses in the bussiness but in the end stronger focus on Tech and customer service will play a large part in it.

When the time comes that you want me back im sure you'll be ready with some type of offer that is costing you more than fixing this issue would have in the first place.  Also I do think you will fix this problem but by then it will have cost you quite a bit, not only in the lost customers but the cost of getting new ones.

Bye for now.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yet another night of lagging and 2 DC's.  Nothing like being on a nice run and winning a round and then being disconnected.........garbage.