Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Noroth
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

Hello, 

Just thought id toss my name into the ring for the terrible issues im having attempting to game on a very costly 10 mbs connection (for my area thats a big deal lol)

Currently living outside St.John's Newfoundland

While I would like a quick fix with switching to Aliant.. but rogers is also my TV and phone service..

I am not one to just yell IM SWITCHING... but paying my hefty monthly bills for sub par service is not an option i will endure for much longer.

Update your customers asap.

Noroth
I've Been Here Awhile

Also, in the long long ago I employed the reg fix that alters TCP acks, tho that issue dosent do nothing if im being throttled.

My question is to the viewers of this post.. I keep getting suggested to attempt a VPN service, while I am a technition.. id like a push in the right direction..

Name or names of a few competant VPN service providers

How are in game speeds through the tunnel

cost (tho I dont care lol)

jhawk
I Plan to Stick Around

Also another night of good playing on MW2. Maybe they solved the PS3 issues.
cow
I'm Here A Lot

I used wowtunnel last night and went from 700ms and DC's to 30-50ms with no DC's

KingNerd
I Plan to Stick Around

@jhawk

No problem. I hope TekSavvy offers cable internet in your area. London, Ont just went live last night.

@Rogers

Another day of issues. Another day of not getting service. Another day of my money going into the wrong pocket.

Only reason I have your service at all anymore is because I don't have an alternative yet.

We've removed every one of your other services from our home. Internet is the last to go.

Well done for making me dislike even attempting to log into World of Warcraft anymore. You've made the only fun I have in a day the most unfun experience. Good work.

New sloagan:

Rogers - We can ruin anything.

Jonesey
I Plan to Stick Around

want teksavvy to come to kanata:(

ryanallatt
I've Been Around

Just looking for some verificaiton that someone recieved my email I sent to the specified address. 

Having the above issue, and have for several weeks. Downtown Toronto. Thanks.

conjor
I Plan to Stick Around

Another night where I can't raid. Thanks, Rogers. Your services are the tops.

Turntables
I Plan to Stick Around

I was the one who originally suggested wowtunnels.

I am not affiliated with them at all. As a raider who is pushing HM content i find it to work fairly well. On the eastern servers im getting 50ms which is decent, considering i wont have to worry about the giant lag spike. I suggest giving it a try until Rogers responds to the CRTC about this issue on the 22nd.

morgazm
I've Been Here Awhile

Wow.

In the Meantime, i suggest you purchase Wowtunnels. Perhaps you could even email wowtunnels with your situation, with enough of you they may even offer a discount or some kind of sympathy reward.

Fyi: i do not live in canada and wish you all the best in getting this resolved.

Cheers from Oz.