Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simingy
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

Gentlemen

it's time to give up rogers. Bell just installed DSL for me. ping went down from LAG to 27ms STABLE home and world.

best ping i ever got with rogers was 33 on vent, 30-50 world/home

now it's at 22 for vent, and 27-30 world/home.

I guess I need to trust my own products 🙂 Rogers uses Cisco, Bell uses Alcatel-Lucent 7330 and 7750 - i'm the team lead for 7330 testing (ipdslam), and my wife's the 3rd level tech for 7750 (edge router).

there's a reason why cisco's stocks are dipping and mine just doubled.

Kacey
I'm Here A Lot

@simingy

Where are you located?  I'm on my last nerve with this issue.  If Bell has things figured out, I am switching. 

Dealing with this issue is aggravating. 

Dealing with the silence is maddening and completely unacceptable.
simingy
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm in Kanata, Ontario (Ottawa region)

Btw not all Bell is using Alcatel equiment. My region just got installed like a few month ago. Before so I didn't have Bell here.

Friedchicken
I Plan to Stick Around

I am not giving up on anything, I am paying for a service and I expect to get that service and subsequent credits for lack there of. I'll fight this for 5 years if I have to.

Rise and be heard!

Kacey
I'm Here A Lot

Awesome!  I am in Ottawa (downtown).  Time to make a phone call.

The sad part in all of this is that I have been with Rogers since forever.  From a cable perspective, they have always had an amazing customer service.  Why their Internet has gone all to ***, I will never know.  (My asterisks since I know they would edit out any word there anyway).

bobbyheadshot
I've Been Here Awhile

I talked with a tech support on the live chat support. They told me that "they were working on it". Really how hard can it be to fix?..Smiley Indifferent

thrillman
I'm Here A Lot

I just started the account to give my 2 cents worth. This internet problem started around sept 2010.  I have canceled my internet with rogers on march 6 2011, I did call or use the online live chat at least twice a month to complain about lag in online gaming. I also went from extreme to express with now notice of a difference the lag was the same. I never had some much lag even in counterstrike or TF2. But I have no choice but to go back to rogers for the internet because bell is to slow. It is sad because if you live in BC.  Uniserve is starting to put in fiber and it is cheaper and way faster than this rogers and bell **bleep**. It seams that rogers does not care about there infrastructure like they did before now just the money. Now they have this speed boost  WTF!! Online gaming is so bad some times I can't even play. It is proof from sept2010 to march2011it was not fixed, meaning it is the way they control data they have screwed up big time and we pay for it. I hate having to have rogers or bell for that matter for internet but I have no choice if I want internet.anyway rogers can save money they will that is why we have this problem with there data controlling bs. Less traffic means cheaper for them they don't have to improve there infrastructure and spend money, may Ted Rogers rest in peace. They have ruined the company he started, he tried to keep them up to date and fastest around, they have now go down the drain and are circling near the end. as soon as fast internet is available in my area I will not hestate to get good freaking bye rogers. so now I'm back with rogers and the internet and online gaming is the same lag lag lag. I hate paying for something that does not work the way it should.Dont say try without router or the other bs I have had this trouble since some time around sept 2010.

my last words would be

Rogers please stop being greedy and fix the infastructure and stop the controlling(throttling etc...) of data you are suppose to be a pipe line to the internet.

bty Bobbyheadshot I would like to say that money is the reason, the more they control the data the less they have to upgrade there systems.

Turntables
I Plan to Stick Around

I just wanted to add that the community technical MVP over at Blizzard has filled a complaint to the CRCT.

Rogers will have to explain to the CRCT by the 22nd of what is really going on.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1568009046?page=9#166

Jonesey
I Plan to Stick Around

its 9:52pm est and i just hopped in game was over 2000 latency! please just fix this rogers.

Pisidan
I Plan to Stick Around

Unfort it wont do **bleep** rogers and CRCT are crooked and as longs as rogers has them in their pocket it will fall on deaf ears just like UBB! Rogers time and time again has shown it doesnt give 2 craps about customers because they are a monopoly here in Ontario and know it. Im almost convinced dial up is the way to go cant play Online games or vids without problems might as well pay less and get what im getting with rogers anyways. Big reason i cancelled Tv services with them and went sat 4 years ago and will never go back..Canada is become the stone age in Internet.