Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KingNerd
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft

Well, my disconnections are now spilling into when I DO NOT have torrents running.

I say again, I have NO torrents running, and have NOT for the past hour.

I am STILL getting the same disconnects.

This is NOW a HUGE problem.

Not that there is any tech support on the forums on the weekend anyways.

Kittycannon
I've Been Around

WoW is unplayable for me, and the fact that Rogers is giving Blizzard the run around, leads me to believe that the quality of Rogers services have hit an all time low.

irix
I've Been Here Awhile

I have never used BitTorrent when playing WoW. The lag/disconnects don't have anything to do with whether you are running BT at the same time or not.

esazon
I Plan to Stick Around

Just wanted to confirm that this is indeed still a problem. As soon as I run via VPN I have zero issues with WoW. Looks like I'm forced to VPN until Rogers fixes their problem.

RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi KingNerd,

Your message was accidentally removed, please see your OP below.

~~~

KingNerd

This is beginning to affect other software now.

I'm getting disconnects as well in IRC today. Ping timeouts.

Can this please PLEASE be fixed rather than just changing  your Network Management Policy again and saying "Working as Intended"?

@Tyler

t's nice to see more people reporting this issue here in Rogers' forums for Rogers' to see.

keep trying to point Rogers customer that are complaining on Blizzard's forums to come here, but I don't often see them making the trip to say something here.

Ressy
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Requesting an update as to whether Rogers will finally prove they're working on fixing things, by contacting Blizzard.

I've put off doing what I promised to do, and urge users to do as well for 2 days to give Rogers extra time to contact Blizzard in case techs, etc had some additional time off, but we've had enough of it now.

Contact Blizzard.  Do it today.

kenclarke
I've Been Around

This issue is beyond annoying, having roomates in the house its hard to control who is using p2p.  this has really affected my Gaming experience, and if its not resolved soon i will be switching

RogersErin

@kenclarke

Hi,

We are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Please send your full name and address to forumsupport@rci.rogers.com.

Thank you

Ressy
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Erin, please try to see it from our end of things:

We were railroaded by incompetent Tier 1 tech support staff for almost 3 months before someone would agree to look into this (again, thank you), and with no updates passed on at all, or any proof this is actually being looked at (ie still no email has been sent to Blizzard for more information or for assistance in fixing this for Rogers users) we're doubtful Rogers is actually doing anything about this issue. 

Without an email to Blizzard, it just looks like Rogers is trying to sweep this under the rug again, as they've done with previous issues with WoW & SC2.

Grif
I've Been Here Awhile

I just got a message from someone at Blizzard support saying that they have talked with Rogers but are unsure when or if the problem will be solved. Could we please get an update on what progress has been made besides talking?