cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers site not working. Can't top up my minutes

rfblanchard
I've Been Around

There is no community topic related to problems on the rogers web site so i'll put my question in here as its related to my rogers wireless pay as you go phone. I've tried numerous times over the last week to 'top up' my phone with my credit card over the web. However after I submit it just blanks out some fields and says fix the errors. However, there was no errors with my info. 

I also tried today to top up my minutes over the phone by calling the number 1-800-575-9090. I got past the first few questions but then the call just drops when it asks me to enter my cell phone #. I tried a few times and each time the call drops at the same spot. 

This problem really sucks because I had money on my phone and now its lost as the system is preventing me from toping up on time.

Any thoughts of what to do here?

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rogers site not working. Can't top up my minutes

RogersJean
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi rfblanchard and welcome to the forums,

Have you tried removing and re-inserting your battery then calling in?

If it keeps disconnecting you may need to contact us from another device until we get you topped up. You can also go into any Rogers store. You can also try dialing 611 from your device.

In regards to Rogers.com, if you call 1 888 ROGERS1, ask for our E-care. They deal with all Rogers.com issues and will be able to fix this for you.

1-800-575-9090 is the direct number for pay as you go

1-866-931-3282 is the direct number for wireless customer care/tech support

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

RogersJean
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi rfblanchard and welcome to the forums,

Have you tried removing and re-inserting your battery then calling in?

If it keeps disconnecting you may need to contact us from another device until we get you topped up. You can also go into any Rogers store. You can also try dialing 611 from your device.

In regards to Rogers.com, if you call 1 888 ROGERS1, ask for our E-care. They deal with all Rogers.com issues and will be able to fix this for you.

1-800-575-9090 is the direct number for pay as you go

1-866-931-3282 is the direct number for wireless customer care/tech support

View solution in original post

YQXNL
I'm Here A Lot

I have had many problems with the Rogers Pay-As-You go website. Almost everytime I log in to view my calling history, top-up my minutes, or change my options, I get a message saying that the system is experiencing difficulties due to unusually high demand (or something to that effect). I usually wait a while and try again with the same response. Wait a day ... same thing, etc. etc.

I think the people who make the website are more concerned with flash and bells and whistles than with content and making it work properly. And it's not my connection. I have hi-speed cable connection from Cogeco. Download: 11672 Kbps Upload: 422 Kbps (just ran a test).

I have sent a few emails complaining about the lack of availability, but they usually deny any problems and give me a list of useless questions to answer. You know the type - what exactly were you doing, have you checked your modem, what other programs were running, etc. Because it can't be their website... oh no .... it's really cool .... doesn't work, but very cool looking ... or not ...

Bottom line - terrible website. If you want anything changed on your pay-as-you go phone, call the customer care number and hit 0 repeatedly to get past the automated nuisance and reach a real person.

yea man i'm with you on this one.....

**bleep** rogers can't even fix their web site for pay-as-you-go users...

spent the whole week ( monday to sunday) trying to put text msg add ons to my phone and it ALWAYSSSSSSS GIVES ME A **bleep** ERROR..........

Kiminu
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm experiencing the same problem. I cannot change my add-ons through the Rogers Pay-as-you-go webpage. I just either get a webpage that is completely whack (the flash/css on the page ceases to function) or I get an error message saying that they're having technical difficulties.

I'd rather have a site that functions rather than a flashy site...

Kiminu
I've Been Here Awhile
Forgot to mention I get error messages when I call the *611 number. -__-

rickoh
I've Been Here Awhile

Moderator............READ THE HEADING....the site isnt working to allow topping up!!...hasnt worked for 2 months now.  Taking the battery out of his phone isnt going to fix the website....duhhhhhh!!!

Rogers dosnt care about pay as you go....I have come to that conclusion.  I have to walk to the store to buy a voucher and pay an extra percentage on tax.  

Does anyone know Telus's phone number??

rickoh
I've Been Here Awhile
do you really think removing the battery from my phone will fix your website?....I'll try it.....NOT

RogersJean
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi rickoh and welcome to the forums,

The tip to remove and re-insert the battery is to address the OP's dropped calls when contacting us. Removing the battery from your cellular device will not fix a problem on the Rogers.com website.

If you are having issues with the Rogers.com website you can reach our support at http://www.rogershelp.com/customerserv/livechatsupport?source=7

I tried to enter my voucher PIN# and I always get the error message. I tried to call the pay as you go # they are not working on the weekend, tried the live chat but they're only taking hardware issues and told me call the pay as you go #....so what should I do, I am trying to topup with a $100 card with 2 days now.....:-(

wongraph
I've Been Here Awhile

Yep, I had the same problem today trying to top up from the website.  I was, however, able to do it through the 1-800 number on the voucher I bought.  Really amazing that this thread is so old and people still have problems with topping up through the website.  I have to conclude as mentioned above by another user that pre-paid customers truly are second class citizens 🙂

So, I'm receiving the same errors on your website. 

• Due to technical difficulties, the Rogers system is currently unavailable. 
    We are working at resolving the delay and anticipate that service will be restored shortly. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. 
    Rogers values your business, please revisit our site again momentarily.

I checked the thread and tried every possible solution, I called the 1-800 number, I called the 1-866 number, I called 611 number. I get the same message. "To call back during normal business hours" It is 3pm on Monday October 1st 2012 and every number I call I get the same message. Is this a joke to you? I go out and buy money to top up my plan and I get no option to put that money onto my cell phone. So I'm left with a useless piece of paper. I'm not even going to bother installing your program to chat with live support as someone else said in the thread they only deal with hardware issues. And I'm not installing a potentially malicious or snoopy program just do you can tell me "can't help you either." 

I am LIVID with your company and customer support, and I will no longer be using your service. I also run the technical department at a multi-million dollar company. And you will be losing their service also. 

Steph_quebec
I've Been Here Awhile
I have the same problem, and it's the same thing each time. The web site and the cell are showing that my account is not activated even if I gaved them my money!
Very tired of those problems, they are unable to fix it!

Hi  @Steph_quebec ,

Is the issue resolved ? I am confident that I would have the ability to assist you further however I would need the information related to your account such as your telephone number and PIN.

We have sent you a PM. Please check your Messages from the Envelope icon in the top right hand corner.

Looking forward to your response!

Medea
I'm Here A Lot

I can't top up my minutes as well. I have tried six times yet received a technical difficulty message for all (I have PRT SCRN and saved screen shots if needed for proof) and I have just got off the phone to the 1-800-575-9090 number we are given (the line has dropped four times). My deadline to top up is 11:59 p.m. tonight (Feb. 5, 2015). Can anyone help????  I hope this isn't a dead post as I need help ASAP!!!

Good day @Medea ,

We recommend that you try different browsers such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox for example.  Hopefully, you will have the ability to process the top-up through self-serve.

We certainly want to assist you in reaching resolution on this. For further assistance, please contact our Pay as you Go department at 1-800-575-9090.  To reach a representative please choose option 4 (general information) then option 4 again (how to contact Rogers).  At the end of the information on how to contact Rogers you will be given an option to speak to someone.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for your quick reply, unfortunately I AM using Firefox (the most updated version) and I have already stated that I phoned that 1-800 number that you suggested and that number had clicked off during my automated top up call 4 times. I have noticed on my bill summary page that it shows I have tried 6 times to top up online.

Any other suggestions as I'll take anything!

Edit: I just attempted to top up using another computer and another browser (I saved THAT screen shot as well) so that makes 7 tries and all failures.

randy
I've Been Here Awhile

I am REALLY frustrated with myrogers website when trying to register a credit card for pay as you go. I started trying more than a week ago and then almost everyday after that, and my balance expired yesterday.  And look at this thread, the issue has started at least 5 years ago and all the improvement made is that I don't get an error message anymore. After I submit the card information it just waits forever with that flashy jumping image, that's the only thing that works on that page.

I will walk in to a Rogers store to do whatever it takes to get my service back, then, I will move to another company if I can be sure their webpage works.

Good day @randy,

I am very sorry about the frustration that may have caused you.

As you can see in my last message, in order to ensure your phone is reactivated right away, please call our Prepaid representatives. You don't have to go directly in store. They'll be able to register your credit card for automatic top-ups if you'd like.

We apologize for the inconveniences.

RogersMaude

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@randy, first of all, don't worry about losing your balance, Rogers will give it back to you if you top up soon.

Secondly, the last time I tried to purchase a voucher at my Rogers store they claimed they don't do that and never did (not true). I was told to call the Rogers PayGo number, which worked once I got a human.

You can reach them at 1-800-575-9090. To reach a representative choose option 4, then option 4 again (how to contact Rogers). At the end of the information on how to contact Rogers, you will select option 1 to speak with an a agent

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

randy
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you very much for the information.

So I called, and after giving my card number ... etc, they told me I have to wait for 72 hours and I will receive a text message saying the card is verified. Sounds good, but my plan has expired so how will I receive the text? So they told me to call back in 72 hours.

I will go the old fashion way and just walk in to a Rogers store. I do feel better now, at least there's someone there to answer my questions (although answers didn't satisfy my low expectation), not like that flashing jumping icon that keeps jumping after I tried it online.