cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers salesman clueless about Pay-As-You-Go Data

nana
I've Been Here Awhile

I have an unlocked Windows phone and a Pay-As-You-Go SIM. All my other unlocked phones: Blackberry, Nokia Simbian, Android can get a link for a day/week/month data pass on the Rogers network. Well, my Win 8.1 BLU Win HD phone can't. I figured I needed to manually set it, so I went to the Rogers booth at Cloverdale Mall in Etobicoke.

Seeing that I wasn't going to buy anything, the young salesman - I must mention there were 2 sales people and no other customers - told me I can't have a data day pass on PAYG.

I said how come I could on all my other smartphones, but this one?

He told me "he's never heard of such thing as a Pay-As-You-Go data pass", and he was pretty sure the only thing for me to do was to buy a $10 monthly subscription.

Either Rogers doesn't train these people, or they are trained not to serve PAYG customers, because they are a waste of time.

I cannot get over this guy, how he treated me, just because I wasn't going to put money in his pocket.

Bear in mind, there were no other customers at the booth at the time. Thank you for the great service, Rogers!

Disgusted.

***Edited Labels.***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rogers salesman clueless about Pay-As-You-Go Data

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello @nana ,  I'm sorry to hear of your in-store experience.

If you still have questions about PayGo data check out the Rogers.com PayGo site or you can call the PayGo line: 1-800-575-9090

RogersDarrell

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RogersDarrell

Hello @nana ,  I'm sorry to hear of your in-store experience.

If you still have questions about PayGo data check out the Rogers.com PayGo site or you can call the PayGo line: 1-800-575-9090

RogersDarrell

nana
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you, Darrell.

Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation