Rogers response to iPhone reservation fiasco???

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers response to iPhone reservation fiasco???

markdgal, it was my "opinion" that it sounds like a 14yr old comment, and if you read my post properly you would see that no insult was intended.

If you find my reply some how childish then so be it, but it seems like its only ok if the criticisms are pointed at rogers, and perhaps not the statements made by others.

Could rogers have been more pro-active about communicating on their site as well as here on the logistics of their reservation system?  Of course!  Would it be nice if we could get the right answer the first time from the staff?  Of course!

I was simply illustrating that while some feel like they were somehow "screwed" out of something, others were simply happy to not have to stress about it at all.  It may help others who read it, look at the situation in another way.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well i can't even have my phone because its not on their system to upgrade plans to iPhone 4s plans yet. this is serious bulls***
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I got my confirmation that my iphone 4s was shipped I got a tracking number and then someone signed for it.

I called the store thinking they received it and they told me that they didnt have it , that its sent to the head office then it goees to the Store of your choice.

But what is the purpose of giving me that tracking number? and how come no one can tell me where the phone is. its fustrating and the last time i do this with rogers.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The same thing happened to me, except they never explained that the shipments were sent to head office. They basically said "We don't have your phone, your tracking is wrong. Don't call us, we'll call you." So I'm not quite sure where my order stands currently. I might get it this week, or quite possibly never.. Quite confused by the whole process. What IS the point of tracking if it can't tell you when the phone is actually available for pickup? That combined with useless staff in store = bad customer experience. I'm at a point where I'm considering porting over to Fido and starting over.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have just called rogers as well, i reserved on the 12th ( late i know) but i was 3400th then on the 17th 1600th and today i was 61st and now im in progress, when i called to tell her she said its being shipped to the head post office of some sort and she mentioned we will call you when we get it, so how much longer do you guys think it will be 3-4 days max ?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So you would rather check stores all over your city each day or wait in a lineup for an entire for the opportunity to MAYBE get an iphone? Reservation system isn't that bad, it ensures you eventually get the phone and you can better spend that time you would have wasted waiting in a line doing other things
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@wayne.

uhh i reserved the iPhone 4S 32gb black on the day the reservation went live. I was #17th. I went into progress that Sunday & it stayed in progress till launch day morning. On Thursday night before the launch day i said to my self & my buddies that if it does not send me a email that its been shipped at 6am i will go outside of the local Rogers plus store & wait. SO i woke up at 6am & never saw the email. I took the bus ( i live in Toronto) & went outside the store. If you really think it was a long wait you are wrong. ONLY 6 of us waited outside. I got the email around 8am while the rep was already giving me the new iPhone i wanted.

Moral to the story here is that if you waited in line at the Rogers stores at launch you would have had a better chance on getting them then waiting this long. Every single Rogers plus store i went that morning barely had any people waiting. The only 1 store i saw with about 30 people was the Rogers plus store underneath the Rogers tower Downtown Toronto. All the others had less then 15 people & about 50 iPhone's in stock.

Yes the reservation was not made for us to get the phone at launch but the way they made it sound & look was the reason why everyone is mad. Apple stores are the only Stores here that had huge line ups & had problems. Rogers barely had any. So yes it was worth waiting outside for a few hours. Have you read any of the posts others have written? They reserved a iPhone & it said it got shipped to the store they wanted. Yet they never got that phone because the store never had it & head office had it. They never got told what happened. SO if you relaly think about it, Yes Rogers is at fault here & they are not even saying anything NOT even a " I am sorry for all this ".

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@ MeowMix, while this is true, I feel that the fact that all the companies had reservation systems, greatly had an effect on the lineups. I don't know how it was in Toronto, but during the iPhone 4 launch, people were lined up for a long time, and even many weeks after launch, people would still be lined up outside the Apple store in West Edmonton Mall.

I do agree with you about they made the reservation system be viewed by the public, had made it appear that they would have had phones ready for people on launch day.

My friend on Bell for example, had a 16GB phone on reservation for launch day, when he went to the store, they said that they only had 10, and he was number 12 in line, so he ended up buying a white 32GB phone, which they had plenty of stock of (He went to the store 2 hours after opening too)
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I called BestBuy this morning asking for the iphone4s and the answer was "I have it for Bell but not for rogers"  !?? how could that be a possible, (put a side the fact that Rogers might or might not have more customers than Bell). you can tell that the Phone itslef coming from Apple warehouses is available and is not in backorder, you have the same phone (physical device) avaiable for Fido, Bell but not Rogers!!! This means that Rogers are not doing a good job locking the phones and releasing them in time vs Bell.

The reservation system is aboviously not working as it suppose to, it's a great idea to start with but I hope it will be much better for the next round next year!

On a side note, in my opinion part of the whole iphone being out of stock for the first couple of months is a mental game that Apple has played and still palying with people, it's part of their marketing phsycology. They know that you will eventually buy their products, but let's tease you a bit. If you are the project manager for the production lines of the iphone or ipad, you must have leared something from previous years!! why wouldn't you change the plan to make the number of phones produces daily 10 or even 20 times what it was in 2009?? with the money that apple has and the chinesse man power their shouldn't be an excuse for them to go out of stock!! so let's get our brain teased and maybe fried before getting our hands on the new sweetest thing!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@redjinnee

Chill out. Its only been a little bit over a week since the launch. Supply is short and demand is VERY high right now. Be patient and the device will come. 

Just like you yourself want to get a rogers contracted phone, A LOT of other ppl are on the same boat and thats probably why the competitor's have stock, because they have less demand. If you don't want Rogers, go buy the other carrier iphone's.