Rogers response to iPhone reservation fiasco???

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Rogers response to iPhone reservation fiasco???

I read somewhere here how Rogers will respond to posts if our peers don't have an answer. Yet I have yet to see any official response to how terrible the reservation system is and why. I've even been into the Rogers Plus store & no one knows what's going on:( OK. The system sucks but some information would be great. One more nail in the coffin of my staying with Rogers!!!!!

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager (Retired)

Re: Rogers response to iPhone reservation fiasco???

There is an updated Redboard post here with information about the reservation system.

http://redboard.rogers.com/2011/rogers-reservation-system-iphone-4s-update/

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Hi there,
What kind of problem are you experiencing with the reservation system?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well RogersGina! Seems many would agree to several problems. I hope many will post them here
For me I preordered my iPhone white 16gb at 6 AM on friday the preorders opened. And still is now in progress while hundreds of thousands of people have it purchased.
Another, I have read on the forums that many people's iPhones have been shipped even though its not their turn yet.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry for double post but to add to my point
What is the point of reservation system (putting up front 40bux) if your not gonna give us our phones not even couple days after launch? And I was only 211th in line on the day preorders opened.
Highlighted

There is an updated Redboard post here with information about the reservation system.

http://redboard.rogers.com/2011/rogers-reservation-system-iphone-4s-update/

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry I read there that thousands were shipped. I was #211 and I'm STILL in "in progress"
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I am very dissappointed with Rogers Customer Service. 

#1 LTE devices were promised to launch in September (Samsung Galaxy S2) <--? 

#2 No point of reservation system if my friends who lined up for 5 minutes are rubbing their iPhones on my face.

I've Been Here Awhile

@RogersGina wrote:
What kind of problem are you experiencing with the reservation system?

Seriously?   Let's break it down:  What is the point of depositing $40 to reserve a phone and then have to wait weeks while you can just walk into a store and get one?  What problem, exactly, did Rogers believe it was solving for by having this system?  In theory, reserving a phone, to naive little me at least, would have meant that I would be some number in line ahead of everyone else to get a phone, and wouldn't have to wait in line.  don't get me wrong, I couldn't care less about being the first to get one, but if you're going to charge me a deposit, I presume that is worth something.  In the meantime, I walked into a rogers plus this morning and they told me they have lots in stock, but they would not give me one now because I have one reserved and have to wait for that?  Really?  so you have stock on hand in various stores, but because I have one reserved i have to wait?   Let me repeat:  even though there is stock on hand at some stores, I have to wait because I reserved one.  I think the paradox of that sentence is all you need to know about what a failure the reservation system is.  Free advice to rogers: dump the system.  Less customer frustration by making them just line up. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Agreed sir.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I think you all missed the point of the reservation system. You were promised eventuality of getting a phone at the place of your choice, not that you'd get it before everyone else just because you clicked something early in the morning before everyone else. The reservation system is brilliant in a sense that it diverted unrealistic activation demand last Friday. Rogers simply doesn't have enough staff and network infrastructure to cover thousands of you activating their phones within those 7 business hours period.

There's no fiasco. It worked as it was intended for people who assumed too much and gave the chance for people who worked hard to get one in person.