Rogers repair center glass replacement!!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Rogers repair center glass replacement!!

This is my rant.  I had Rogers send my S3 out to the repair faciility to get the glass replaced due to damage.  4 weeks go by after I was told 2-3 weeks. So after 4 weeks the phone finally returns to the store. NOT FIXED.  I guess the repair center said the serial number on my phone didn't match the one on my account.  It is the same phone I got from Rogers 1 year ago.  Now it had to be sent back to the repair center.  I told the Rogers store that it better not come back not fixed with the same excuse again or i will lose it!!!  Anyone else had this issue before?  I just want them to give me a new device.  I have been stuck with this subpar loaner phone for over 5 weeks now.

***edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Rogers repair center glass replacement!!

Hello gregcorriezack

You losing it will make things worse in your case. The store will tell you to leave basically and either put a red flag on the account saying u are fighting / making a argument or management will be involved. Seen this many times with different carriers including Rogers.

As for the phone and the repair. I would suggest calling in to add the IMEI number on the account. It could be when you got the phone, the IMEI number was never added on the account properly from the Rogers rep. If you got the S3 from a third party retail store or threw a website, that could be the reason why. The IMEI number must be attached on the account in order for the repair center to fix the phone. Or else they will send it back claiming its not on the account.
I'm Here A Lot

Dude i know i can't lose it like that in the store and swear up and down them.  It was just a figure of speech that i would be angry.  I got the phone from the Rogers strore in our mall.  They didn't say there was no IEMI on the account.  They just said it don't match.  There are 2 S3's on the account as well.  So it seems someone screwed up on their end and i can guarantee they won't acknowledge it or even give me anything for the trouble.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello gregcorriezack

The reason why they can't match it, its because of the IMEI number. That is the way they match the phones on people's accounts. Seeing as u have another 2 S3's on the account, they could be confused on the number of S3's on the account. I suggest calling in and seeing if the IMEI number of the phone u have, is on the account. If it is, then it could be that they are having troubles seeing the device on the account.

Remmeber, this company works for Rogers but its not a Rogers owned repair facility. Its called Flextronics.