Rogers, please fix our Profile Page

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Rogers, please fix our Profile Page

It used to be that when we went to our Profile page there was a whold slew of information there that we could edit and change. Since Rogers started changing the website, there is very little there, except the ability to change your username (email address), password and phone number. And it appears that even that doesn't work, as I just read in another post where someone changed their email address and it didn't work and finally was told to contact @CommunityHelps.

First, Rogers, please put back all the information on our Profile Page that was there a year ago.

Second, I would like to update my mailing address, but when I go to Profile it's gone because I now have On Line Billing. I did add if back in, but it remains to be seen if Rogers actually changes it. You see, I used to have an RR address, which is currently on my PDF Bills, but Canada Post has downgraded their staff and they don't know how to deliver to RR addresses anymore. It took Revenue Canada a year to figure out why my T4s were being returned, creating a big mess.

***Edited Labels***

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Rogers, please fix our Profile Page

Hello @OLDYELLR,

We have made some changes to the site to make it simpler and easier to use. What information were you hoping to update online? 

In regards to your billing address, the information in MyRogers is connected to your account, so it would update on our system automatically. 

However if you are still hesitant, let us know if you would like us to confirm the change by sending a private message to @CommunityHelps

@RogersGabrielle

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Frankly, it's been so long since I saw the old Profile page, I don't remember exactly what all was there, but there was a lot more than there is now.  If  "simpler and easier to use" means removing information and details, that's a backwards step. People have also been complaining about the lack of billing details that they used to see before. I used to be able to see the number of cable outlets I had and the PVRs I had on my Profile and TV account before that was abolished and months later switched RAPTV and now those details are gone. I'm sure Rogers has a record of my boxes and outlets, but why can't I see that?

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

The marketing restrictions also used to be there and has been removed.  I too can't remember all that was there, but I know there was more.  If there was a rationalle for putting it there in the first place, the rationalle still exists.  Get a programmer to look at the notes from the old site and figure it out.

Is Roger's attitude, we will take things away and unless a lot of people make an issue, then it is ok.  That is not listening, that is making unilateral decisions based upon internal beliefs, then waiting for concerns to come forth, then maybe or maybe not changing it back, or just ignore us in some cases.

The whole issue of dropped options on myrogers was raised when the expert spoke on the issue and they said they put the highly used ones on first and then they would be adding things back gradually as they finish the site out.  So it is there responsibility to live up to that statement since she leads the project.

Bruce

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

Oh yes, one other, there used to be a place to put the name of the user to display on name display - it is now gone, so when you have lots of phone numbers it is a challenge because I have to remember who has what phone. Getting old, so I need the visual prompts., this was very helpful.  I am sure other things will come - change and pick a new phone number used to be there, they will come back to me with time, but there is a lot of stuff removed, and some of it we had to force them to put back, like detail of phone calls, which I know is back, but don't know if it is on paper bill, and it is still only on computer websites -  Believe it or not, some people don't even use computers anymore.

So send the lead for this site back to the notes for the old pages and evaluate everything that was taken off.  Maybe do an honest survey.

Bruce

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Thanks @BS your memory is better than mine.  But it should not be up to the customers to catch what Rogers has removed and demand to get it back.

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

@OLDYELLR Thanks, sometimes my memory is good, other times it just is not there, but the ones I remembered I have used and appreciated - the marketing controls, the name on the cell phone number for name display (people constantly ask me, how did you get your name displayed on a cell phone?)  Now I have to tell them to phone in.  It certainly made my life easier to remember who was using which phone.  That is one area my memory isn't good.

But it isn interesting, because there has been so many issues arise in this and many implementation, we become so focussed on getting just the basic functioning working again, that we forget what we lost, and the removal of those elements is back in June, so for me to remember, is no more realistic than for them to remember.

But what does it take since this question was asked, to contact a person in that department (we know there is a lead person because she did an experts thing on here), and ask them to pull out the specs on the old user interface, and identify what was lost, then ask us what we would like to get back.  Some of it we may not care, but it would show a concern for committing to our needs.  if they put it there, someone must have wanted it, and maybe there still are people who need it.

If I remember more, I will post it.

Have a good day, Bruce

User966601
I've Been Around

Hi,

I'm also finding issues with the Profile Page - mainly being able to add a contact email address. For some reason I cannot add it (even though another account I have was updated with no problems). Like the other posts, I also recalled being able to opt out or in of marketing, which may not seem important. However, in these times where people are quite sensitive of privacy, it should be a feature that's re-implemented.

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

This is an old discussion, but I recently went into the profile information, and it appears that we can now change our username.

But unfortunately, it wouldn't let me because it said that it is already attached to a profile (I only have one and my contact address is the new name, so maybe that is what it is picking up.)

I was reading other forum posts about this topic and everyone said we had to call in or chat.  Appears that no one has announced this change.  

If others have success with it this feature to change your user name, let us know. There has been lots ofdiscussion on whether this can be done without support and how - just noticed this today - maybe it will work for some - not me.

For me, it does say to call in or chat though.  A step forward.

I still see no marketing settings put back, so we are still left with chat, phoning in, or mailing this information, and remember to do it for your home accounts, plus each cell phone number.

Please consider adding this when developing the MyRogers page, which it appears that changes are quietly being made on a regular basis - and how about letting us know?

The last one that I still cannot find is setting your caller ID - this is a feature that is unique to Rogers and Fido that you can even get more than number id and have the identified network caller name, so it is nice to be able to change it when necessary.  I do notice that if you hover over your phone number in the Overview section, it does show the Caller Name, which again is a step forward, just no way to change it.

The other thing I have noticed is that on the overview page, when I go into the account information for my phone or my wife's it shows our older phones which we have replaced with our daughter's phones as they went to new carriers.  If we go into the Add-ons section, we see our current phones, but the account still shows our old phones.  We have run into this issue where CSR's are talking about our previous phones as being a good option for upgrades, and we don't even have them anymore - we have my one daughter's phone which she bought right out as she had her old one stolen, and my other daughter's who gave us her phone and cancelled her account when she moved.

It makes for a confusing phone call at times, but since I am aware of it, I can correct them fairly quickly, although I have had them dispute that I knew what I was talking about because "their computer says this".  I just point out that their computer is not up to date, it reflects our last purchase and plans associated with it, not the phones we are using.

Little think, but anything that removes confusion between CSR's and customer in a system that seems to be designed in an extremely complex way with constantly changing plans, terms and conditions, attached devices, and confusing old plans with new plans and what is compatable or not compatable with old plans versus new plans, anything that helps with clarity is good.

The site has come a long way since last year in June, is generally quick and responsive and easy to work with, but still needs to have removed features put back, or at least provide instruction on how to deal with it - example, tell us to contact Rogers to change caller name, to change attached phone, etc.  In some areas, it does point out that we have to call and that is great.

I do acknowledge and thank what the development teams have done for us, and that they have provided some instructions such as the print bill from a mobile device and the various options of CSV and Excel file formats.

It has come a long way from where we started when we were trying to convince the company why we needed full details of calling on our bills, not just a data dump because CRA does not accept anything but a full printed bill, which can come from an electronic form - reminder that you need to download each month the full details and bill if you claim your phone calls for tax purposes.

Appreicate the changes, and communications, but work still needs to be done, which is always the case. 

Bruce