Rogers on demand not authorized

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Rogers on demand not authorized

Keep us posted with what the outcome is.  I have a feeling that the tech that comes out is gonna be on the phone with tech support regarding the issue though... which if that is the case, why couldn't they do that when you called in?  If its not a back end issue, they're gonna say its your box.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So the tech came by and he told me it was my box. To see if it were true I decided to order the tmn/hbo package. Hbo/tmn on demand weren't working but the non on demand channels are working....

I have a box somewhere that I am not using and will test to see if I get any on demand channels. I just need to find time to go look for it.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Everyone,

Thank you all for the assistance.  So I didn't end up getting another box to see if it was a box issue.  I was still bothered that the box was the problem.  My technological instincts were telling me that it wasn't a box problem so I decided to do more research.  Another user named Mousetamer had a similar issue with On Demand not working as well.  A tech suggested that they remove his cable TV services and re-add it.

Today, I called Rogers and spoke to a tech rep named Sandeep and I asked him if he has heard of this issue and if deleting and re-adding services would solve the problem.  He said he has heard of it but would like to go through all the mandatory steps (check serial #, check billing, check signal etc) before resorting to what was suggested by Mousetamer.  So eventually, we got to the point where our last resort was to remove and re-add the services.  VOILA!

I know there are other users on here with this problem.  I am happy to say that my life is a lot more enjoyable until I get off these crutches.  I knew it wasn't the box, I just knew it. I almost pulled the trigger on a new one too.  So from speaking to a total of 4 support reps and a tech my problem is finally solved.  Thank you Mousetamer.  Rogers, Sandeep deserves a raise!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Sounds more like Mousetamer needs a raise!  lol...

As stated all along... probably not the box.. but yet the reps, and the tech were suggesting to you to go buy/rent a new box AT YOUR COST!.

You should honestly call and give them crap about that... it just goes to show how much they don't care.  That honestly should have been caught by the VERY FIRST rep that took your call in the call center. The time you spent on the phone, the time you spent waiting for a tech... all a waste, for something that could have been rectified over the phone.

Just makes you wonder how many other people took the advise of the CSR's and actually replaced a fully functional box when it wasn't necessary?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Well, you have to look at it from THEIR end as well.  In both the cases.. i am sure on the back end.. the ACCOUNT looks fine there.. it shows up, shows the hardware/software, etc.. doesnt look like that should be the problem.. i can see them beleiveing it MIGHT be the box instead.

BUT... this solution, should DEFINATELY be something added to the 'solutions' database that all the techs there go off of and a do/try.. even if its towards the end of the list.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

GDKitty, they did not exhause ALL options before telling me to get my box fixed.  The first Rep I called didn't even bother contacting the engineering the department nor did he even request for a service tech for a visit.  All he did was give me a phone number to call to have my box repaired at my own cost!  At least the second rep got a tech out for me.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, some people just don't do their job. Myself ad many other have said they need to do a major review of their reps. Some cleanup of the bad ones needs to be done, or at least proper training for them. There are good ones.
Their database is missing alot of 'solutions' in it as well.

But there are things to try before a box repair. Re push of software. Downgrade to old then back up again. Etc. if its not a rental, they don't THINK about that part that you just can't swap it.

Sounds like someone was just lazy the first time 😞

Never be afraid to ASK for a tech out. durring a street signal issue here, I had one out every other day at my request to keep a foot hold on the issue, eventually it would cost them too much to keep sending them, that they would escalate it.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Unfortunately this story is all too familiar with Rogers. They don't seem to know very basic troubleshooting. I have an issue with ROD menus, so do my neighbours, friends across town and other places in N.B. But Rogers still suggested that a repairman come over, it's probably something on my end. It's troubling. I wonder how many people have unnecessarily purchased new equipment or paid for a service call. 

I'm NOT a Rogers employee; I was a satisfied customer, but not anymore.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Well, hopefuly NO ONE has paid for a service call.

Even if the tech cant fine the issue at that time.. the customer shouldnt be charged for it. The only time a customer should be charged, is if the issue is CREATED by the customer... say they put in a CHEAP splitter in the basement to get an extra run done, and that was what was making the poor signal, to have a tech come out to fix, etc.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I hope not but the way Rogers works, it's easy for them to blame it on purchased boxes or some such. I had an issue a couple of years back with my 8300 PVR. I couldn't access ROD. A repairman came over and diagnosed the box. He told me with all certainty it was the box (purchased; not even two years old at that point). It sounded convincing so I was about to buy a new one, although I still had my doubts, when all of a sudden ROD was reactivated and it turned out to be a Rogers software problem... an upgrade that had bugs.

Pretty sad that often, we customers understand the issue better than they do.

I'm NOT a Rogers employee; I was a satisfied customer, but not anymore.