Rogers offers new pricing unfair to current Rocket Hub users.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Rogers offers new pricing unfair to current Rocket Hub users.

Those who were using Portable Internet and were recently shut down were being offered a free Rocket Hub and an outrageous flex plan.   Now those who had this service are being offered a much better pricing in comparision.  It's called Level 1 and Level 2.  Level 1 - $45 (up to 10GB) Level 2 - $60 (up to 30 GB)  Okay so now you have to buy a Hub but why is this new pricing service not offered, without compaining, to present Hub users?    Why does Rogers not just get everyone on board with better pricing all across the customer user base taking into account that a lot of Hub users have been customers for years?  Don't they deserve perks as well?  Don't they deserve fair fees as well?

Current Users pay anywhere from $60 to $71.93/month for 10GB depending on how long ago you became a customer.  It reduces that to $45 for 10GB. 

*** Edited Labels***

I'm an Advisor

Re: Rogers offers new pricing unfair to current Rocket Hub users.

@eddy:

thanks for posting the "special offer" information above.  I have been a RocketHub owner for nearly two years.  And I agree that the pricing listed in the email from Rogers appears extra-ordinarily good as compared to the standard Rogers contract available during the last two years.

Or could this be an early April Fool's joke? Smiley LOL

For current pricing comparison see:

http://www.comparecellular.com/rogers-plans-and-essentials/ontario/plan-details.asp?RatePlanID=2513

and

https://www.orderrogers.ca/rocket/hub#/overview

What is not mentioned either in the email or your posting, and which should also be clarified, is the cost of the purchase of the RocketHub.  The email mentions only that a local Rogers store would be the best place to purchase the 'Hub.  But at what price?

When we signed up for our RocketHub agreement two years ago, we paid $150.00 for the 'Hub, and signed two year agreement.  I seem to remember that there was also an outright purchase possible at $400.00, in which case, no two year contract commitment was required.

Clearly the big point of interest in this special offer are the data volume usage charges.  These seem to be about ten times more generous than what the currently offered Rogers plan provides.  That could be a big saving for the RocketHub user who tends to go over the current, ridiculously low 3Gb/month data volume.

Whether this offer is as you claim "unfair to current Rocket Hub users", is a moot point.  My impressions of the opinions of many Forum participants on that point is that the entire Canadian cellular industry is "unfair".

The cellular industry is run for the benefit of Rogers, Bell, Telus, et al, and not for the benefit of the consumer.  And depending on where you live, in urban or in rural areas, the quantity and quality of the service available to you will likely affect your user experience and hence opinion of the situation.

skinorth

This is no joke.  I have read posts from people who got shut down and rogers gave them a free rocket hub and offered the same pricing I posted in that email.   

The email says -  The requirement for the price plan above for Rocket Hub is a 2 year term.

The hub will cost $149.99.

I think Rogers should offer this pricing to current Hub customers without a contract committment.  Hey were already customers and keeping us would be to Rogers advantage.  

I'm an Advisor

@eddy:

thanks for the clarification.  That is important additional information on this special offer.

And, I was not implying that the posting was a joke by any means.  The nearness of April 1 (one week away) was the motivation for my comment.  And the fact that the offer, compared to previous ones, seems too good to be true!

Thanks again for your posting.

skinorth

Don't worry about the joke thing.   I read into that.  I have sent an email to Rogers requesting my account be changed to the Level 2  $60 - 30GB.   Will post back the outcome. 

My request for the same privileges that portable internet customers are being offered at $60 for 30 GB monthly is not going well.

First response was typical first line customer service saying no.  Second response I was offered a discount for 6 months on my current plan provided I signed up for a year.  What!!  Why ask me to sign up?  I'm trying to stay as a customer for crap sakes.  Isn't that commitment enough!  Still waiting for third response.  If it is the same offering and not what I'm asking I will be moving onto another isp provider.  

Well as you probably all predicted.  I was barking up a dead dogs on this one.  Actually had the nerve to remind me I had to give 30 days notice on top of the big NO.  I even changed my request to stay on the same price plan, just increase my usage to 30 GB at the final tier.  That didn't work so now I'm shopping.  

**edited for content**

I'm an Advisor

@eddy:

all I can say is, I commisserate.  I own a RocketHub, and in the last four or five weeks, probably longer, my response times have been going down the toilet.  Six months ago things were actually pretty good, but not great.

Today, I don't even want to do a speed test, because it would be too depressing.

When I do a Google to find the Rogers support phone number, my connection times out!

I have real stuff I need to do on the Internet.  I really do not have the time to spend another two or three evenings trying to get an answer out of Rogers which really is not going to solve my problems.

I guess I got dead dog syndrome as well.....

skinorth

I Plan to Stick Around

Where did you get this information? I have looked at the Rogers web site but cannot find anything on these reduced rates.