cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers not able to test tv box between 2 and 6 am

Keithc5
I've Been Here Awhile

This is the second morning in the past 2 weeks where I have had pixelated pictures on several channels - Galaxy, Rogers on Demand, all the Sportsnet channels, and others.  Again, when I called Rogers about the problem, they were unable to do anything about it when I called.  They could not even give me a billing credit!  They said both times that they could not test the cable tv digital box till later in the morning (6 a.m  this time, 7 30 am the other time I called) and that I would have to call back to get the problem fixed.  This time at least the guy offered to log the call and have someone call me back.  The other day when I called, the guy said that the problem would be fixed by about 8 am, but he did not even log the problem!  So when I called for a billing credit, they had no record of the earlier call!

Has anyone else had a problem like this?

***Edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rogers not able to test tv box between 2 and 6 am

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Keithc5

During that time, the boxes do reboot and they upgrade the guides and boxes and such. Have you tried rebooting the box your self while this is happening to see if anything will get fixed?

I never had a issues like u have experienced.

Updated Solution

System updates and upgrades are done between 2-6 am a few times a week or when needed. This can cause interruptions in service however the issue should be brief and restricted to the 2-6 am time window.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Keithc5

During that time, the boxes do reboot and they upgrade the guides and boxes and such. Have you tried rebooting the box your self while this is happening to see if anything will get fixed?

I never had a issues like u have experienced.

Updated Solution

System updates and upgrades are done between 2-6 am a few times a week or when needed. This can cause interruptions in service however the issue should be brief and restricted to the 2-6 am time window.

Keithc5
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the suggestion, but rebooting the digital box was the first thing I tried after seeing so many channels not working.  I called back to Rogers after 6 a.m. and they decided they need to send someone out to check the box.

I also double checked all the cable connections - nothing was loose at all. Later this morning, all the channels were working normally again.  

Very strange.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Keithc5

It could be a weak signal or just them fixing something. It does happen to a lot of people tho
Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation