Rogers new Nextbox 4K and lack of features

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Rogers new Nextbox 4K and lack of features

Hello @prateeck7

Hope not but we shall see.
prateeck7
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @prateeck7

Hope not but we shall see.

This is the first time I am using Rogers. I signed a contract for 2 years- 'price guaranteed'. How is Roges compared to Bell when it comes to this promise. Bell spiked my bill every month and they never 'guaranteed' a price for me be it contract or not despite sticking with them.

Is Rogers good at honouring the contract?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @prateeck7

If it's a price guarantee then you won't have to worry. Bell does not offer this. That's one of the differences between the two.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It can depend on how the pricing is negotiated. If it's a fixed price, then as long as you don't make any changes to your service, that price will hold for the term of the contract.  Any changes and you're back to square one with negotiations.

However, if it's a percentage discount, then that percentage is honoured for the contract term, however, if the price goes up, then that percentage is applied to the new pricing. Rogers has typically increased pricing only once a year, however, the timing can vary for the different products - internet, cable TV, home phone, etc.

Here's another link on IPTV

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/rogers-scraps-in-house-iptv-plan-partners-with-com...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @57
That is correct but even when I change a few things, as long as the plan stays the same and only adding something wouldn't do anything

For any IPTV topic please let's all post in on th link below. Thank you.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...
prateeck7
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah, I just confirmed with Rogers agent twice in writing about my 'price guarantee'.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @prateeck7

Glad to hear!
Annayya
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hey guys.

Many have made comments on IPTV and options. Look at this below for the IPTV and options are wanted.

" Rather than continue the research and development of its own proprietary IPTV platform in the vein of Bell’s Fibe TV, Rogers has opted to go with a U.S.-based Comcast platform for its next-generation of video services.

As a result of this shift, Rogers states it is discontinuing any further investment in its own IPTV product and is preparing to record a non-cash asset impairment charge that ranges between $475 million CAD and $525 million in its upcoming fourth quarter results

The Canadian telecommunications giant expects the new service, which is set to utilize Comcast technology, won’t launch until 2018."

http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/12/16/rogers-abandons-iptv-research-in-favour-of-comcasts-platform-faces...

Why write-off over half billion dollars and make people wait until 2018 when not too long ago they were expecting to have the IPTV ready by end of 2016. http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/07/21/rogers-reveals-plans-to-launch-iptv-service-by-the-end-of-2016/

I don't have any Rogers shares but someone should dig deep to understand the massive write-off.

I was never in any contract with Rogers or Bell but any ridiculous price increases to my bill means I will simply disconnect everything and try other companies. In fact after about 15% increases in prices from Bell in a year, I switched to Rogers in my old house until Bell called me back within a week to offer the discount I want with the old pricing. So I disconnected Rogers within 2 weeks to go back to Bell. This was about two years ago, so I thought Rogers technology would have improved so much since then but surprised to find that it is at the same/unsatisfactory levels.

I am assuming that the Comcast XFINITY X1 will work as IPTV (or has internet capability) since it can play Netflix from its boxes. 2018 is definitely a very long wait for sure and Bell Fibe TV will only keep getting popular.

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

"Why write-off over half billion dollars and make people wait until 2018 when not too long ago they were expecting to have the IPTV ready by end of 2016. "

Because its pretty obvious they were going to miss this self-imposed deadline too.

Rogers has been promising delivery of IPTV since 2014. 

iamtipit
I've Been Around

Atlantic Canada (NB) and Nextbox 3.0 and Nextbox 4K not available

I live in NB, the east coast, where the only Nextbox available is 2.0.  I used to be a Bell customer and left them because I didn't like their customer service.  I had a bundle for three years which ended and they didn't even want to ear bringing the price down so I told them I would switch with Bell.  Actually they didn't seem to care...

I have been a Rogers customer (less than a year) and I had to contact customer service way too often.  I was waiting for 4K Nextbox but it's not available for NB and on top of that, I am stuck with NBox 2.0 which freezes all the time.

Seriously, if Rogers want to keep their customers in Atlantic Canada, they have to improve so there is a competition with Bell.

My neighbour, my nephew and others have similar issues and are tired of Rogers.  The only thing positive about Rogers is the Live Chat and the customer service.  Besides that...

Soon I'll have NBox 2.0 PVR replaced and apparently it's going to solve all my issues.  When I checked online, there is a list of complaints about Nextbox in general no matter which one people use.

Only one solution for Rogers, which is to ditch Nextbox all together and find something that work!

No planning to stick with Rogers since I am paying the same price for my bundle compare to Bell.  Why pay for frustration!