Rogers' misleading sales rep

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers' misleading sales rep

I was offered several deals from a sales rep and decided to try them. I tried to get a copy of my order from the sales rep, but it never came to my email or in the mail. When I called support, they sent me my last bill instead - which isn't what I asked for, I gave them my order #. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get a copy.

When I got my new services all my old/current bills were wiped out. I'm glad I get paper invoices.

My current bill shows up online now and I notice my home phone will not be the deal I was promised. I wasn't told the discount was only for three months or that it was a 1 year contract. The home phone essentials price also increased after I was given the deal. I even asked how long the $15 a month was for and was told it was until I canceled. If I can't cancel it without penalty, I'll be very upset. I called in too early for the cancelations department.

I didn't get a credit for ~8 months free on my home security and all fees waved. The deal I got with it is ok enough to cover the fees, but I feel I was misled. I only learned that was a 3 year contract when they came to install and I decided to accept. He told me he'd call me to make sure everything went smoothly and he never did.

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers' misleading sales rep

Unfortunately this seems to be the way often with MANY of the reps.  Not all.. but alot 😞

I just made a change on my account myself, and DID get the order email.  Worth a call in, to make sure they HAVE your primary email on file for the accout properly (my wasnt, fixed it, and have got them every time since).

The not telling you of the terms.. how LONG (1+years contract, etc), is BAD.  This is why now whenever i call in, i ASK.  "If i make this change, there is NO contract, etc." confirm that part, etc.  We shouldnt HAVE to... but it can be good practice.

Cellular, seems the only one where your 'price' is locked in per say usualy when they grandfather the plan.  Just in the last month, most of the service fees from TV, to internet, etc, went up by $1-$3 across the board.  Unfortunately, the contract doesnt lock you into that starting price.. if the BASE fee goes up, it will often bring up the discounted price as well 😞  it really SHOULDNT be that way, in my opinion.. but it is..

With the home security, while the deal you got sounds slightly different than mine, I know its a little funny on how it is done.
They CHARGE for the hardware, etc, ONTO your bill, then removed in a completely different area.

The credits you get for any monthly fee, wouldnt show up till that month comes along.  IE: mine was 1/2 price for the first year.  Each moth shows the full fee, then the discount for that month taking 1/2 off below it.
Its also a REAL pain on looking at the billing for it.. that it falls under the internet heading, with a bunch of different entries.. can make it VERY difficult to read/understand 😞

Rogers has some serious retraining/cleaning of house that neads to go on.. higher QA/monitoring, to make sure that reps are TRAINED properly and providing the CORRECT information, and ALL information.  I am FINE with someone trying to sell me a deal, etc.. BUT they have to provide me with ALL terms of it.

I Plan to Stick Around

I may have caught it before the deadline to end the contract without penalty. I'm going to return my phone modem asap.

I thought I did pester about potential cancel fees, durations and clarity on the deals. I even made notes on what I was told. But I was still missing some details. The original rep was requested to contact me. It seems like I didn't even get the bundle deal I was told about.

The part I dislike about accepting deals is you don't know if you got what you were promised until the bill comes. Last deal I accepted wasn't applied and I had to call in again. So I was already iffy about accepting another.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Some things are easier than others to tell.

A straight out deal, just on costing alone, yeah you cant see till the bill comes in.

If its a add/removal of a feature, those should show up on the myrogers portal pretty much instantaniously, if not shortly after (IE: when i added the unlimited internet, when i looked 30 mins later, it was showing on my 'usage' meter as applied.

While an inconvinence, this is sometimes why i try to go into the physical store, and have them do the stuff THERE if it is something they can.
Specialy done that with the phone contracts, etc..
JUST For that reason.. they print, etc the contracts right there, you can go over them, see all the details, etc, before  you 100% sign and walk out the door.

Hopefuly you are able to return it.  Good luck!