Rogers is scamming

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Rogers is scamming

Why does rogers make it next to impossible within a few hours to find your monthy data usage? Is it so we use more?

This company has had way too many loopholes to slip through. Pure business SCUM.

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers is scamming

Sorry - but this information is quite easily available. I use both the Rogers My Account app on my Android (available on BlackBerry as well; I don't know about IOS) as well as www.rogers.com to view usage information.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Your usage for wireless on a smartphone, is available via downloading the rogers app.
its alwo available on the myrogers website.

For regular internet usage, you are able to easily view it online via the myrogers website.

All usage, is usually not posted, until the next day (polls a total of the whole day)

I Plan to Stick Around

@Gdkitty wrote:

Your usage for wireless on a smartphone, is available via downloading the rogers app.
its alwo available on the myrogers website.

For regular internet usage, you are able to easily view it online via the myrogers website.

All usage, is usually not posted, until the next day (polls a total of the whole day)

Maybe so, but for people that hit 75% or 100% of their usage in a month, the notice often comes 2 or 3 days later than the actaul usage and by then it is often too late! That is a scam!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That is not what the user was asking about.  They were asking about viewing your usage.

Bar ocasionally on the day of your biling cycle.. the usage is always available there, so you would be able to see what your at as of yesterday.

While yes the usage email notifications may be not come on time (which yes they should), the data is still available to check whenever you need to.  If someone is concerned about their usage in that way, they could check daily to see what they are at.

No company, that i have seen at least.. provides anything like 'realtime'.

Not to say the technology isnt there to monitor, it obviously is, but to get that data from A, to B, and into a format usable by the website, etc is another matter.

I've Been Around

The website says you can look at your data usage but when you click on it, it says this information is not available, check using your phone.  When you do that, all that is available is the total KB used.  Not only that, but Rogers has made it impossible for Pay As You Go users to get any customer service.  We are not allowed to use Live Chat.

This is ridiculous.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Pay as you go.. is not trackable that way..  only post paid services.

The pay as you go department, is completely different than the regular call center.  The live chat people only work out of the live call center.
(that being said, the pay as you go dept should have live chat people as well).

With pay as you go, you CAN get to a live person via the phone.  Regardless of what the system says or repsonds when you press, it, keep pressing zero, it will go to a live person. (i have done this before)

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@Gdkitty wrote:

Pay as you go.. is not trackable that way..  only post paid services.

Since you're giving such a definitive answer, can you explain why P-A-Y-G data usage is "not trackable?" I'm quite confident that Rogers is tracking the amount of data I use, exactly the same as when I was on contract, but for some reason no longer letting me see it.

It's incredibly sketchy that they don't provide your data usage AND they only give you a couple days worth of transactions on your account with NO option for even a month's worth of information. Right? I know you're only a "community expert", but you have to admit that that puts Rogers in a position with ZERO accountability.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

What i meant for that.. is that the WEBSITE is not set up for it.

I am sure, the data IS tracked in some form, by some means, on the back end, etc.

But for ANY account.. that data has to be polled, collected, translated, etc from where it is initially collected, and put into the database in which stuff is accessible from the web.
For whatever reason, rogers has descided NOT to do this on the pay as you go.

I am not saying rogers is Perefect, far from it.. if I ran the company, there would be alot of things i would fix/change.
But that is one reason i also choose not to use pay as you go, as i know that information is not available, etc.
(i am one of those people, who checkes my account details.. usage, etc.. for everything... every other day, if not every day.)

I Plan to Stick Around

i'd like to add to that... i used to work for one of Rogers competitors where prepaid and postpaid rating platforms are like night and day... prepaid was set up decades ago and simply is not upgradable at this point so data usage info is close to impossible to integrate anywhere