Rogers internet usage rip off?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers internet usage rip off?

I recently cancelled my Rogers internet (currently within my 30 days notice period)

Since I cancelled, I have NOT been able to check my internet usage, and when I call in - I was told that I have used 70 GB internet in the last 5-6 days which is insane and quite practically I have never gone that high before.

Is Rogers simply trying to rip me off since I cancelled?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers internet usage rip off?

I would call back and ask another rep... could be they read 70g remaining, not used.

As for the cancel / no usage thing.. Problem is apparently, due to the start of the cancel processing.. it puts the account in a CANCEL state.. which the website is programmed to not then show.

They either need to add another status (cancel pending?) which allows it.. or have the website show it the whole time.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

No, Rogers is not trying to rip you off. This seems to be a standard frustrating feature, that once you cancel the service you are not able to track your usage via MyRogers. Your only option is to either call to inquire about your usage or use traffic meter in your 3rd party router.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

The 70 GB usage in 5-6 days is crazy though, my usage pattern has not changed and if anything, I have reduced it
Highlighted

Could be virus, malware or any other application stuck in sending unsuccessful network requests.

Or, worst case scenario unauthorized access to your wireless.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

wireless access is secured, always been.

Computer is also clean, always been.

Such coincidence if any of those problems started the moment I cancel my Rogers service
Highlighted

In this case the rep might made a mistake, this also happens.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I would call back and ask another rep... could be they read 70g remaining, not used.

As for the cancel / no usage thing.. Problem is apparently, due to the start of the cancel processing.. it puts the account in a CANCEL state.. which the website is programmed to not then show.

They either need to add another status (cancel pending?) which allows it.. or have the website show it the whole time.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

@TeDD13 wrote:

No, Rogers is not trying to rip you off. .....

Actually, YOU have no solid proof whether they are ripping off the OP or not. BAD things can happen when the customer is left with no option but taking an EXprovider's word on their internet usage.

Sadly, Rogers is NOT known for their honestly or integrity when responding to customer issues. There are many posts in this and other forums to validate this fact.

Requests to keep the internet meter running till the end of the 30 day cancellation period has been repeatedly ignored by Rogers. I presented the idea a long time ago in IdeaBox. It has NEVER been acted upon.

Yea I know, this post is total "Hogwash"

That is why it is always usefull to monitor your own usage yourself.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Proof?  I had my detailed usage on paper from Rogers showing the amount of data i was supposedly using while i and the rest of the town i live in were suffering through a four day power outage.  That was the day i realized Rogers had to be making the numbers up.