Rogers hub overheating

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers hub overheating

I just installed my new Eriksson W35 hub and am noticing that it gets very hot. Is this normal or do I have a faulty unit?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
I'm an Advisor

Re: Rogers hub overheating

@mali:

I have owned an Ericsson W35 for more than a year, and have not noticed it being excessively hot. Without an actual temperature measurement, I guess it's hard to be definitive about how hot is too hot.  The W3x Technical Product Spec indicates that the unit is designed to be operated in the temperature range of 0 to 45 degrees C.

Make sure that the unit is located in a reasonably well ventilated location.  If the unit functions OK otherwise, perhaps there is no problem.

I know that some users of the Netcomm device have used auxiliary external fans to cool the device.

skinorth

View solution in original post

All Replies
I'm an Advisor

@mali:

I have owned an Ericsson W35 for more than a year, and have not noticed it being excessively hot. Without an actual temperature measurement, I guess it's hard to be definitive about how hot is too hot.  The W3x Technical Product Spec indicates that the unit is designed to be operated in the temperature range of 0 to 45 degrees C.

Make sure that the unit is located in a reasonably well ventilated location.  If the unit functions OK otherwise, perhaps there is no problem.

I know that some users of the Netcomm device have used auxiliary external fans to cool the device.

skinorth

View solution in original post

I'm Here A Lot

I have two Erickson W35s.  One runs quite hot while the other runs warm.  Don't know why the difference but turning off the WiFi will make it run cooler.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @laf3142

Thank for pointing that out . One of our Resident Experts @Datalink or @Gdkitty might be able to provide an explanation.

RogersSannecia