Ever since the Yahoo mail "upgrade" Rogers/.Yahoo POP3 my Outlook 2010 rejects a high percentage of POP read requests. If I simply click the OK button the login suceeds however the VERY frequent failure is a real annoyance.
Spoke several times with Rogers CSR who seem to think this is a unique issue with me and unwilling to consider it a system wide POP3 user issue.
Someone at Rogers needs to get this resloved or I will just abandon my Rogers.com email address and set a vaction notice notifying my contacts of my Gmail address.
Another thing to check is that the username for your Windows Live Mail client is set to your full e-mail address including the @rogers.com. There has been recent issues with authentication failing when the username does not include @rogers.com
This happens to me exactly the way you have described, and happens to my friends. And, like you say, they claim it's not their fault, it's my system - you should have heard the attitude, because she found out I was using Outlook. BS. I'd like to go to the Toronto Star and advise them that it is Rogers policy, that their email servers won't work with Microsoft Outlook, probably the most common email program in the world.
Same problem here. I use Outlook at work and the Rogers email server frequently rejects my username and password.
Experiencing the same issue with Outlook 2007. So far only workaround is to log into webmail to have it 'accept' the password and it resolves the issue for a few hours. Throughout all of this, it seems that Blackberry (BIS) has no issue 'checking' mail, although I suspect it is using IMAP - the password issue/block isn't affecting BIS.
Next step will be to try changing the password, but I'm concerned it may be an issue with how Outlook 2007 is checking POP mail. Unfortunately can't switch to IMAP since Outlook 2007 is a very unreliable IMAP client.
Okay I am having this problem with my PC only using the Thunderbird Mail
regardless what I do say or change the response is that the rogers server does not recognize my password
PLEASE someone help me
I've had a simular problem since day 1, and so have quite a few of my clients.
What happens in my case is that if my cel phone checks mail, and my mail client tries checking mail soon after, my mail client (thunderbird) says maildrop busy, have to wait for about 2-3 minutes, then can check the mail. If you get too click happy when this happens, you can click the change password button accidentally on the error prompt, and if you enter in the wrong password, you're fubarred until you go back into your settings and enter the correct one back in.
Its very annoying but workable.
Lately i am rarely in my email on the PC (other than to clean out the crap).. i deal most of it from my phone now.
I have found much the same as above.. seems that when i log in via my iphone to the mail, it wont allow me to view/refresh my inbox on the PC webmail even right way.. like its holding the connection.
Within 30 seconds of CLOSING the mail app on the phone, i am able to on the PC.
Going from one PC, i can have the mail open and then open it on the other no problem.
I started to have this issue about 3 weeks ago where it happened occasionally, now it happens all the time in Windows live mail and Outlook. On different computers so I know it is not my settings. I am getting so frustrated with Rogers I am about to drop and go with a different carrier.
I should not be forced to use a web mail system.
If someone has a PC based email system that works, please post.