cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers doing damage control here? Locking threads.

theLiamM
I Plan to Stick Around

How did the community guidelines suddenly get so narrow.  Here's a screen cap of the Announcement of the Forums on RedBoard

screenshot

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Rogers doing damage control here? Locking threads.

Kane
I Plan to Stick Around

We don't need rogers

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=934099&page=129

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1663234-Official-In-Stock-Thread/page42

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/toronto-iphone-4-lineups-anyone-918350/73/

http://iphoneincanada.ca/forums/showthread.php?9080-Next-Shipment-Stock-Level/page28

http://www.ehmac.ca/ipod-itunes-iphone-apple-tv/88727-next-shipment-ip4-28.html

These are all the forums and many more just on Stock and Canada... Rogers clearly does not have the skills or qualification to handle online forums yet.

- Kane Hart
http://kanehart.com
(Looking for a Job in anything Technology Related working in a Grocery Store at 25 really sucks)

brentw0
I've Been Here Awhile

I think the people at Rogers need to figure out exactly what they want these forums to be for.  Saying that the community is only for technical issues is contradictory to what Rogers_Richard said.   "a place to find solutions to technical issues, ask and reply to questions as well as discuss Rogers products and services."  Our concerns that were voiced in the now locked thread are very much service issues.  The concerns that were voiced we not addressed by RogersErin's response, just before it was locked.

As RogersErin says "As RogersKeith says in a previous post, we expect shipments to come in to our retail locations as quickly as possible. Exact timing will depend on region, but we plan to post inventory updates at the bottom of the RedBoard blog post, located here: http://redboard.rogers.com/2010/iphone-4-launches-tomorrow-on-rogers.   As the RedBoard blog mentions, new shipments of the iPhone 4 will be available in limited supply in some retail locations."  This does not answer 'why were there no iPhones available on Saturday after Keith said there would be?'

No doubt this thread will be locked soon enough as well.  So if this is not the venue for voicing this kind of concern and asking these types of questions, where is?  Pleas let me know because there seems to be now where that we can get a straight answer from. 

Brent

JALO
I Plan to Stick Around

Have your threads been deleted?

Have your voices been not listened to?

If you really take issue about how much time you spent driving to 10 different stores - call customer care and speak of your inconvenience. 

Oddly enough the only place where people are complaining is in the Apple section of the forums and mostly regarding a product that was JUST launched in Canada. Did you expect to waltz into ANY rogers store and pick up one for your entire family?

Perhaps a quick review of youtube's "iphone4 vs HTC evo" video will explain what launch day means.

I suppose you wanted them to activate your bluetooth and waive the activation fee too??

Jalo

JALO
I Plan to Stick Around

Another note: my phone works fine, though I want an iphone 4.

I signed up for the email where Rogers was supposed to keep me posted as to the status of iphone 4 launch and availability - but was not sent any correspondence. 

Back to my original point: my phone works fine. So does my computer, and my internet, and my BBQ, get outside and enjoy life and look back on the 10 day delay on getting the iPhone 4 as a brief blip in the otherwise large time your on this planet. 

Relax and deal with it please,  

Jalo

theLiamM
I Plan to Stick Around

@JALO wrote:

Have your threads been deleted?

Have your voices been not listened to?

If you really take issue about how much time you spent driving to 10 different stores - call customer care and speak of your inconvenience. 

Oddly enough the only place where people are complaining is in the Apple section of the forums and mostly regarding a product that was JUST launched in Canada. Did you expect to waltz into ANY rogers store and pick up one for your entire family?

Perhaps a quick review of youtube's "iphone4 vs HTC evo" video will explain what launch day means.

I suppose you wanted them to activate your bluetooth and waive the activation fee too??

Jalo

No threads have been locked,

We have not been listened to,

I have called customer care, with no satisfaction,

People are not only complaining in the apple section of the forums. They're complaining all over the internet, on twitter, on other forums, on IRC, to customer service, to the retentions department.

Noone ever said they expected to waltz into a store on day 1 and buy one. But when Rogers isn't getting ANY new stock and they're not telling people when new stock will arrive and what stores it will arrive at, when you cannot find one coast to coast I take issue.

I take issue at false promises of stock as was stated on Rogers Official Blog. Which has so far missed 2 delivery dates. 

No I wouldn't want them to "activate"? my bluetooth, I'm supposing you mean pair my bluetooth device but just can't muster up the accepted terminology, nor waive my activation fee. I can't speak for others but I'm actually a VERY easy customer to deal with. I know what I want and simply come in exchange my money for it and leave. 

You make far too many assumptions. 

ne14t
I Plan to Stick Around

For what its worth I think your absolutely wrong Jalo...

The original launch and the launch of the 3GS were not as bad as the i4 and I know cause I participated in both and had my phone on launch day both times.  With two under the belt already Rogers should have been better prepared for this, especially since the first two were proprietary launches cause only Rogers had the phone at the time.  Honestly with the phone already launched in the US, Rogers should have been able to start purchasing phones at that time and just stockpiling them.  I went with the advice of redboard and expected shipments arriving over the weekend as I live in Vancouver and there has to be one "important" Rogers store here, well nobody got them, I even took Monday off work unpaid because I figured oh I will camp out and get one well you know what the response of the store was on Monday when I asked about the iphone..." ~laugh~ We dont get stock on the weekends try back on Tuesday" low and behold its Tuesday and still no phones.  It would be nice if Rogers just stepped up on the soapbox and let there client base know whats going on before we go elsewhere.  3 weeks is what it takes to order a iPhone4 from Bell and thats with the promo pricing I get with a Rogers HUP.

JALO
I Plan to Stick Around

My appologies theliam, I meant those comments in more of a sarcastic tone. Sort of like, "i've gotta have the latest and greatest on launch date, and when I find it isn't in stock i'm gonna be upset". 

I hadn't realised the stock levels were as you are suggesting. 

And of course, ne14t, taking a day off Without Pay! How can you afford your phone now?! 🙂

Hope you all get your fixes soon!

Jalo

TenOfZero
I Plan to Stick Around
"Rogers should have been able to start purchasing phones at that time and just stockpiling them"

That's not really how it works, rogers would have gladly purchased 10x more if they could have from Apple, but apple did not have them to sell to rogers.

"With two under the belt already Rogers should have been better prepared for this, especially since the first two were proprietary launches cause only Rogers had the phone at the time."

Exactly, now the stock that Rogers used to have all for themselves has to be spread between all the Canadian carriers, I;m sure they got less units than the last times too !

Also don't forget the iPhone 4 is in much grater demand than the iPhone 3Gs was.

James
I'm a Senior Contributor
You also need to take into consideration the massive back orders the US already had, along with the other carriers in Canada AND the other what 13 countries that launched same day as Canada.

Rogers got as much stock as Apple sent them, and yes they sold out. People are under the belief that this is intentional from Apple to help prolong the demand for the iphone. The longer they are out of stock, the longer people want them and the more business they get. I dunno, I dont get why they don't just send them all at once, but Apple's call...
We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 in conversation