Rogers doesn't care about their customers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
craigddyson
I've Been Around

Rogers doesn't care about their customers

Wow have I been screwed around by Rogers. They cancelled my account without my permission, and gave my number to someone else. When I phoned and asked them why my caller id and voicemail wasn't working, they informed me of this mistake. They then told me it would take about a week to fix it. I also lost all my voicemails, which is unacceptable, as I use my phone for work and had important messages that are now gone. When my wife talked to a manager on Thursday, they said there was nothing they could do until the following Monday, and we would get a call then. Monday came around and no one called, so we called them. For all this, all they have offered is a rate plan that is no better then the one I had, even though I haven't had a phone since Thursday. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, what did Rogers do for compensation?

***edited labels***

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Rogers doesn't care about their customers

Hello craigddyson

Let me ask you this. Did they give you the same number as before? Also when speaking to the manager, did you or your wife tell them you would contact the Office of the President? In order to cancel a line, the account holder would have to call in & ask to cancel the account. Also if they asked you & you said " Yes" Then they did get the okay from you.

NOW if none of that happened, Rogers should be compensating more then that. I would call back & speak to another manager about this. See if they can offer anything more. If not, tell them you would be going online & contacting the Office of the President & having them looking into this matter & how Rogers is not doing nothing at all.

pconeill
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers Does Not Care ... Customer Complaints mean NOTHING To Rogers. Unless there is a MAJOR issue affecting hundreds of people, there is no urgency or any action taken for that matter. Rogers Social Media Support does a good job, but its the Higher Ups who dictate what customer service is, and its the higher ups who will ultimately cause the demise and downfall of Rogers. Canadians are getting a lot Smarter and are starting to see what's really been going on.
pconeill
I Plan to Stick Around

ok I might have mispoke a bit . I'm sure the majority of Rogers workers care, I'm sure the agents are bound by policy etc etc and don't truly have the power to provide personal detailed and honest customer service that Canadians dream of having one day.
RogersElise
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi pconeill. Providing a great customer experience to our customers is very important to us and that’s why we read every piece of feedback given on Facebook, Twitter and these forums. We pass on the feedback internally.

Now customers have also another way of giving their feedback – by giving us their ideas. If you go on Idea Box http://Rogers.com/ideas , you can submit your ideas on service and support suggestions, Rogers.com improvements, MyAccount app and Rogers stores. We are reading every idea, passing them on internally to see if they are actionable and updating their status as we go along. We’d be happy to read your ideas.

meplat
I Plan to Stick Around

Customer care IS NOT important to Rogers. Let me be clear. If it was a priority, this forum would not be full of posts written by people plagued with problems.  Sadly, Rogers has an abysmal record of servicing their customers. This is a matter of public record - CRTC commissions, newspaper stories, etc.

They contain the damage, in part, by opening forums like this to control/channel the complaints. Most people, myself included, have phoned, emailed and, in my case, written Rogers with our concerns. Guess what? Nothing ever happens. The only reply I received was a form letter response.

I believe they read every post. Yes indeed, they read them alright.  Whether they are passed on is doubtful, as nothing ever happens. You see, they have to keep an eye on things in order to exercise some control.

davej13
I Plan to Stick Around

I think the forums in general are filled with complaints since people who are happy usually don't feel the need to take the time to post about it, they just go on with their day.  I have never really had any issues with customer support with Rogers, sure a few transfers to the wrong department but as long as you have a little patience usually everything will get worked out.

piko
I've Been Around

I can confirm, they don't care i sent them an email and they never reply, the only time they will care is when your contract is finishing !!

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Sent an email where?

Other than the CONTACT US forum...

or if you happen to have a specific persons internal email through contact with them for whatever reason (i have had a few in the past as they were dealing with an issue and sending me documents, etc)

There are no LIVE monitored emails for rogers anymore.  That might be why you are not getting a reply?

jlwest96
I've Been Around

I bought a new St. It kept dropping my calls. I called Rogers to find out what's going on and guess what. It dropped the line. I went to the office a ND asked for a new phone and was told I used it more than 30 minutes. It didn't matter that I called Rogers or not. Rules are Rules. Then they said . Well we can fix it by disabling LTD. Then it shouldn't drop calls anymore. Once they have your money and a contract is signed, it'seems to bad. My experience.