Rogers does it again!!!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers does it again!!!

So as some may already know I bought a Raider last week. I got the package on Friday, and activated it on Sunday Night. Monday morning I found there was a physical problem with the battery cover. I called technical support and under the legal policy I was ordered a brand new replacement device since there is physical problem and it is within 30 days.

I got the new phone today...

Opened the seal to find the phone facing screen down with the battery cover unlocked.. If that wasn't strange I look further to find the packaging of the phone was torn, and dirt and what looked like dog hair populated the screen. Taking out the phone cardboard tray while my anger began to rise, I would all the accessories ripped and jumbled around. The SENT me a used phone...

I called Rogers who said refurb is acceptable, so I told him to check is company policy. They are legally obligated to provide a brand new device. Retentions is closed and Technical support told me to ship the device back and they will have to repeat this.

How can this happen two years in a row. This is exactly what happened when I bought the captivate. The store owner sold me a used phone and claimed it was new even after I found pictures of the store on it. He said the guy was setting it up for me.. That all changed when I asked him if pcitures of somone's living room was part of the customer setup.

So now I have to return the USED phone, call retentions to complain, then call technical support to order yet again a new phone. ARE YOU KIDDING ME ROGERS!?!?!?!

btw BRAVO to the loser who returned the phone and was able to fool the rep that it was not opened.

******* Edit labels ********

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers does it again!!!

Sent the phone back. Now waiting for another "NEW" phone.

One rep told me they only give REFURBS back, i told him to go check his company policy.

He returned saying I am right and ordered the new device...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Wow that's really bad :/. If i was you i would have spoken to them. Also before you open the phone look at the silver label on the bottom of the box of the phone. It should never be open or ripped if its new. IF this was the same case then they either just sent you a phone they grabbed from the shelf or they are lazy to give you a new one.

I hope you get a new phone seeing as you are supposed to get a new one. Lets hope for the best now.

I Plan to Stick Around

"We only give refurbs back" loosely translated means "We send refurbs and hope you don't notice or complain about it after. 😉
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Honestly if they try this again, im going to loose it!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Legal you can cancel your plan without any fees since they are NOT living up to their honors and policy. I really hope you get a new phone.
I Plan to Stick Around

If they dont give u a new phone let them rot walk away tell them to cancel your contract this has happened within 7 day retail period whoch by law they can be charged for fraud activity.by law you also have a 7 day period for a retail refund unless stated otherwise on back of reciept.