cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers' current promotion "The just for YOU event"

gogol
I Plan to Stick Around

I find this misleading/false advertising since I never got any offer when I called in. Did anyone try calling in and got an offer? It clearly says, "It’s the Rogers Just for YOU Event, with great deals customized just for you. Ask about YOUR offers today." So I am assuming that anyone can call and will for sure get an offer. This promotion doesn't have any details about the inclusion and exclusion criteria. 

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless/promotions/just-for-you?icid=img-hphbcon-qrcwrls-01301813

*Edited Labels*

18 REPLIES 18

Re: Rogers' current promotion "The just for YOU event"

gogol
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello again everyone! 

I have called Rogers management office last night to clarify things up about the said promotion. I told them that I am not specifically looking for an offer. I only called in because ad says, "ask about YOUR offers". So technically, something should be there to be offered. The first time I called 2 nights ago, I was told by the rep that he has nothing for me. I sent a message through facebook chat and was told the same thing. But last night, the manager was offering me a variety of things from wireless, cable, tablet, smartdrive, etc. And as a customer with only a wireless service, of course, I would only expect to be offered that has something to with wireless and not the other services.

I also told the manager that full details of the said promotion are not available for people to read before calling in. He told me that my webpage isn't loading properly because he can see other stuff on the page. 

I have used 2 computers and a cellphone and I can only see the picture (The Just For You Event), 2 red boxes with the number to call and visit store, and a line saying New to Rogers or looking for great offers?

Does anyone see other information other than the ones mentioned above? Because if the manager was telling me that he can see more stuff on his screen, then why wouldn't I see those things on the 3 screens that I used? 

That is why I am very disappointed about this promotion since it is misleading and incomplete. 

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

I made the same call this morning and said the same thing - not looking for anything in particular - the add says offers for you.

Reality is that he had nothing to offer me - all up sell of everything I have - suggested an offer on home security - not interested, how about a plan on a buy plan and you can share with your plans - I don't have share plans on my phones, oh you can get a sim card and put it in your existing tablet, or we can sell you one - nope not interested, I will buy it on my credit card and get points.

So offers for you - I suggested to him, as a retired elementary, I am guessing they are speaking of the plural group of people (customers) as the you, not the individual you, (me).  He agreed, and said that Rogers had put their heads together and put together what they thought would be offers of interest to the customer and it was best to review our needs before telling us each of the offers - I asked him to tell me about some of them, I don't see them as anything special.

So, I agree with the statement, deceptive marketing, and a phishing experiment - kind of like come and see our 50% off offers and find that there is nothing worth buying that is 50%.  Lots of other stuff.

Is this the depths that Rogers has now come to - that they now have to rely on deceptive marketing, playing with the grammatical use of the word you and your offer.

And no, I say the manager pulled the statement out of their hat - there is no additional information - you click that and the item at the top you will see a reference to the deals for you that will loop you back to the same original promotion page.

Just their standard promotions page, some for existing customers, some for new customers some for both.

So the feel good, hey they are paying attention to the existing customer - I don't buy it, nothing there to offer to me at all, but a good pleasant conversation.

So how about just tell us the market plans for existing customers and any promotions, and if need be we will do the loyalty department, customer relations, or retentions, as we always have.

Can I say, give me a break. Let's see your marketing department at least try to be creative in a meaningful way.

This nothing but a poorly designed social engineering pshing activity - if it came by text, unsolicited, which supposedly some did get it by text, or by an email, unsolicited (i.e., marketing choices to not receive promotions), it would be on the verge of illegal.  It is using deceptive information to encourage us to call in, have our accounts reviewd on the assumption there is something specisl there.  Nope nothing special that I heard.

And please, please, no your sites and pages, and be straight up and honest.   There is nothing about the possible offers from that link, but in discussion, it sounds like these usual offers are what they generally are offering.

Bruce

gogol
I Plan to Stick Around

All I am asking is for Rogers to be clear on what offers available so people can decide if it is worth calling in for. Rogers shouldn't let their customers waste their times calling in to find out what is available for them and in the end only to get disappointed. 

gogol
I Plan to Stick Around

One more thing! 

If an offer is really exclusive to me, then it should only be an offer related to what service/s that I currently have with Rogers. I do not want to heat about the other services that you have. I will call the sales department or go to a store myself if I want to add a service to my account. 

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

If this was over the phone, I would classify it as an unsolicited bot call, that asks us to call in for an offer designed specifically of me.  The difference is that in this written form, they can use the word you and your, presenting confusion on the actual use of the term as explained to me on the phone "when we say us, we are speaking of you the group of current current customers of Rogers and that they have researched and put together a range of offers that may be of interest to we the group of people who are current customers, and we hope that you find an offer that is of interest to your interests.

So not a unique "you", but the proverbial group as in all of us, and a generic offer of everything but the kitchen sink, unrelated to our needs.  The review of my account and he said very quickly that your probably will have no interest in these offers, as you are very well served, so basically, it was a strange solicitation to all of us to call in.

Next marketing pitch - I said last week after the financial reports that we were going to see a lot of marketing at the specified targets of top end phones, share anything plans with lots of data, (oh, I notice on your account you often don't replace your phones for 5 years at a time, rarely change your plans, and in fact have been reducing your plans and number of users in your home - we could offer you a real good deal to add a third user on the shared plans and a really good phone - oh you only have two people in your phone, oh I see you used to have four and you now have two, guess some family members left), the benefits of bundling, and even adding home security, you may want to consider higher speeds (oh I see you have one of our lower end speeds, and have always been on low end speeds, and you barely reach 200 of your current cap - reminder to them, I am on Sam Knows, so real data use is closer to about 40-50), and even the home security that I have never looked at and have no interest for and have said every time it came up that I am not interested - how about a check box on my account - no interest in these services ever - save my time and theirs.  Oh, before we finish, I mention that when my year is up, I will be cancelling services, as I can't afford what I have and won't be paying 70.00 more for the current plans, and in fact I will be needing higher caps, and no need for high speed as we will be moving to cutting the cord and moving to over the top, and antenna with a wonderful new product from channel master - you know the TV antenna company that has been around since 1953. What about home phone, you could save there - no I like my home phone, and am looking at a local provider that charges less than 10.00 per month for same service I currently have, and cheaper Internet, but I will definitely call in later in the Spring and see what you can offer before I make my final decision.

So the call just reconfirmed that I am seriously looking at cutting services and possibly moving all services eleswhere because all I will have left is a home phone and Internet and there are no shortage of excellent third party vendors out there.

Plus the call did nothing for my confidence in the company and its direction using a tactic like this one.  I may appear harmless, but I don't like this model of marketing, and it appears that others do not either. Wonder how before this one disappears, and the next promotion comes - How about, as we have said so far, just put the promotions for current users on the Web site, or just leave us alone - and we will call in as we always have when we want to.

And of important note: the offer is part of wireless promotions, not the other products, and the person I spoke to said it was primarily focused on wireless, but yes, definitely it was not clear, but can't hurt to look at all my services, since I am on the phone.  Had I realized that it was wireless, I would never have called because I just finalized a great deal last year and am in the middle of paying for phones, and I wouldn't see them trying to sell me a better, lower priced, low use, individual plan with no data and one add-on, and second phone same with 500 MB unshared data.

For some reason I don't think they would be putting together an offer of that nature to talk to me about. Smiley LOL

Bruce

Topic Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 27 Likes
  • 9 in conversation