Rogers.com says I've exceeded 100 minutes - not possible

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Rogers.com says I've exceeded 100 minutes - not possible

Hello!  I purchased the 100 minute talk plan while we are visiting family in the U.S. for the holidays.  We purchase this every year so that we can call them on our drive down as the trip takes two days and they like to hear that we are okay and where we are.

We received our bill on the 23rd of December showing that we had used 28 minutes between Dec 12 and Dec 20 which seems correct.  Most of the calls were made while we were travelling on the 12th and 13th.

I checked our usage online and it says we have exceeded our 100 minutes by 2 minutes.  This is not possible.  Our family lives in the middle of nowhere and there is no cell service except when we drive to town.  We have driven into town once, used the phone twice for approximately 3 to 4 minutes.  Definitely have not used 72 minutes.

I've used the MyRogers app, called Rogers, live chatted with Rogers and they can't tell us how many minutes we have used.  I understand this, but find it extremely difficult to believe we used up 100 minutes.  They wanted me to buy more minutes of course, but I declined because if there isn't a way to accurately determine how much time we have used, I'm not going to pay for more.

Has anyone experienced this issue before and is there a way to determine accurately how many minutes we have used?

Thank you.

***Edited Labels.***

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Rogers.com says I've exceeded 100 minutes - not possible

When we used to subscribe to Rogers Wireless, we also purchased the same package every winter when we travelled to Florida! We had the same issue every year; check our usage and it always told us we had exceeded our minutes. Somehow, when we got our bill, the billing information was always correct. There was no way to determine the accuracy until we actually received our bill. Like you, I tried chat and even calling Rogers but it was like they had no clue what I was even talking about! I will be curious to see what happens this winter with our new provider. From what I have seen so far, their information is accurate and up-to-date!