Rogers.com Slow Loading

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Rogers.com Slow Loading

Is anyone else having problems opening Rogers.com.  All day it has been taking minutes, not seconds to open the web site. That is if it even opens.  It took me almost 8-10 minutes just to get to this board.  Once on the Community board things a a bit faster.  I am not having any problems getting to any other website.  Just Rogers.com or Rogers.ca

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers.com Slow Loading

Logging in to this board took numerous attempts yesterday.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yup. Blame it on the people reserving the iphone 5.

Their web servers and the login server for myrogers has been slammed and overloaded. Once the reservations die down it should be back to normal.

Thanks for the info. It was a tad faster today, but I still can't access my bill or bandwidth usage.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah I found that out, even tried 3 browers. Everything but the reservations seems down. Wether that was intentional or not is yet to be seen 😞

Hopefully it will be back to normal soon.

I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers now up and running again, as well as MyRogers back up

I've Been Around

Rogers.com has always been very slow. There service is garbage so I am currently switching to Telus. You would think a major telecommunications company could properly run a website regardless of the traffic.

Thanks for the explaination. I have been having that problem for the past week or so but found if i stopped it trying to load and hit the refresh button it usually loaded OK. Today it has been loading just fine,
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Sometimes if you are having an issue like this, best to remove all temp internet files, as well as do a force refresh from the server of the webpage (at least in IE, ctrl + F5).  This will force it to get new data from the webpage, which may refresh if its loading old cached info.