Rogers closing down Rogers First Rewards

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Rogers closing down Rogers First Rewards

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @JohhnyRockets

Yeah you have said that multiple times on the forums... AS for Rogers does things for a " money scheme" its not different then any other carrier doing their own promotions.

In the end, its business & they took this & it was a great deal if they did not make customers lose their better bundle discounts. Either way its being taken down so.

But as you said, "many may say it was never useful but that is their own opinion." We are also entitiled to our opinion even if it disagrees with yours. Why is Rogers cancelling the loyalty program? The headline says it all. "Rogers to shut down First Rewards loyalty program due to dismal participation". The loyalty program was all about  things like "we'll give you a free movie with your points and hope that you buy lots more" or "you can get a free channel for a month but we hope you like it so much that you will keep it and pay for it". It had nothing to do with customer loyalty unless you are referring to ways to get customers to be more loyal to Rogers! Is it any wonder why customer participation was so dismal? 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JohhnyRockets

Agreed and disagree but again we have different view on things. Either way hopefully we see something better in the near future
I Plan to Stick Around

If Rogers remove redemption choices in the next weeks, im gonna be very angry. And i dont understand why the reward who give you a credit on your rogers bill have been removed. Out of stock i suppose.................

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @rfj

I just hope they don't take down the upgrade choice as many including my self will be very upset as this is one reason why we have been collecting the points.
Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Especially for iPhone Upgrade.
Since I am going to use all of my points for the up coming HUP for my Mom + Trade in her old iPhone and get her 1 of the Note Series or IPhone Plus 128 GB ...

I was trying to get the Shopping Channel $100 Giftcard Smiley Surprised I found something that I wanted but it's out of stock now. I'll still buy it to be honest. Like I said before. The RFR are considered a "Bonus" to me. If I don't have it. I wouldn't feel bad, It would be nice to use points for something. afterall its Free. :]

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

Yeah that is what I will be doing. Using the Points towards a upgrade to get my dad a new phone when it comes out. I'm sure it will be still there as they can't take that down
Rogers Employee

Wait. I should probably ask you this, since you are in the loop quicker than I am.

Did they annouce what model for iPhone are being launched? or is that what the launch annouces so no one knows yet?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

The model number isn't announced yet until Sept 9th but it will be iPhone 6S & iPhone 6 Plus S
Rogers Employee

Right. So iPhone 6 Plus is getting a new version, That's all I needed to confirm
Thanks @Meowmix
I Plan to Stick Around

Today, a nice lady told me that its still possible to redeem reward points for a bill credit on phone. Maybe the removal of the online reward was a programmer mistake?