Rogers closing down Rogers First Rewards

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Re: Rogers closing down Rogers First Rewards

Good Game Plan @Gdkitty
I probably would do the same, since I already have Unlimited Internet.
I guess I'll go look at the catalog again and see what they god. ^_^
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Well that is disappointing news.  It the only little reward that I as a long time customer qualified for.   Being retired and on a fixed income, upgrading the two services (no contracts) I have are not really are not high on my to do list, so package or bundle discounts don't appy. 

Losing this tiny perk is not the end of the world, but it was nice to be able to get the occasional ROD movie using the points.  I don't rack up point very quickly and at an average of 700 points per movie I could get a whopping 2 or 3 movies a year, but hey Rogers appreciated my loyalty. Smiley LOL

Spoiler

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jays77

Well while its not the end of the world per say, it was still something that Rogers wanted us to do & have & yet look. It seems like some of the good things are being taken away because either they can not offer them how its supposed to be or give better products out ( on the First Rewards). Either way now many have to use those points by next year or else they loose them
Rogers Employee

Hey @jays77

You're right It isn't the end of the world.

@Meowmix - I like the Rewards more than the Better Choice Bundles - I found it more useful as it adds up faster than the "% savings".

I know folks may be upset, I think the purpose of the community is to share news good or bad - getting all of us informed.

Rogers First Rewards decomissioning, could be multiple reasons as to why. But Currently Point is. @Meowmix is notifying the community if they haven't heard (good on him for that).

And also we should establish a plan on what to redeem it for - get the most out of our FREE points.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

I like it as i am able to redeem points & keep them going until i get enough for a upgrade. These points are like the Fido Dollars that Fido once had. Its a shame Rogers is taking another useful thing away.

Many may say it was never useful but that is their own opinion. the only thing i did not like is that you needed to give away your better bundle discounts in order to use this program. Other then that, i like it

Also yes i made this as i wanted others to be aware of this. Rogers reps over the phone know about this as i have asked about 4 of them & they all knew that the program is being taken down & adviced me to use my points soon.
Rogers Employee

I was made aware today (I was off for few days) once I got in, and read your post and looked in my inbox.

I am always greatful for Rogers coming up with news way to provide value; I am sure they got ideas to come in the future and yea I remember Fido Dollars they were interesting (Never had Fido so don't know much about them)...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ShakTab

Yeah it seems like some reps i spoke to knew about this from a couple of days ago but have not been allowed to speak out on it until today when blogs & media sites talked about it.

I agree but i hope they come out with a better rewards system which they won't take away within 2 years after launch.

I had Fido at one point & loved their Fido Dollars. It was a great rewards system just like the Rogers First Rewards system
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Well you can guys can debate all you want but I do not think it is any big loss - just another money making scheme from Rogers! 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JohhnyRockets

Yeah you have said that multiple times on the forums... AS for Rogers does things for a " money scheme" its not different then any other carrier doing their own promotions.

In the end, its business & they took this & it was a great deal if they did not make customers lose their better bundle discounts. Either way its being taken down so.
Rogers Employee

@Meowmix I agree.

It's a business. not only carriers, but other businesses - retails and stores do this as well from time to time.

Anyone remember EB Games EDGE program? O M G I lost points every other year because they "revamped" it. -__-"
This new one by them apparently is "parmanent" and I feel hesitant to deal with it.
So I can understand what consumers feel. At the end of the day, I am a consumer too.

I prefer to be logical about things, if something is being added or something is being removed. It all has a reason for it. If its by a Business, it has Business reason. It was FREE points anyway. That's all I see it as. I get freebie cool - Man I would wish I got Free Gas from Petro or Esso. Now their 2cents savings card, which maxes out at 100L anyway. Which is 2$ ..., THAT is a failed loyalty program. FYI.

Rogers Rewards to me was short lived but a good program... that's all there is to it. Some people cared about it.
Some people didn't lol