Rogers closing down Rogers First Rewards

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Rogers closing down Rogers First Rewards

Hey guys

So I was reading Mobilesyrup and came around a article that was just posted that on June 2016 the program will be gone for everyone. I do wonder why bring this program out and then cancel it.

Rogers customers enrolled in the First Rewards program will continue to accrue points until December 1st, and will be required to redeem them by an unspecified date in June 2016, when the program will be shuttered.

Link is below"

So i guess we have to redeem them before then.. shame really but seen this coming.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/08/28/rogers-to-shut-down-first-rewards-loyalty-program-after-poor-usage...

****Edit Labels****

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Re: Rogers closing down Rogers First Rewards

O__O" Interesting Find.
I wasn't aware of this...
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

Yup it is. I was speaking to a rep over the phone and asked him. He found out 3 days ago this was happening. I seen it coming. After all issues they have had with many bot being able to redeem their points and taking down the method of paying ur bill with the points and forcing customers to drop their better bundle discounts for this I knew the end was coming for this program.

I will have to use my 18,589 points on my upgrade in Sept then I guess lol
Rogers Employee

o______o I beat you in points. Muahahaha.
But yeah, HUP points redemption would seem like the best option in my opinion.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

Lol its okay. At one point I had over 22,000 points but used some of them.

Agreed at this point it's better to use them. I will when the next iphone comes out
Rogers Employee

Hey @Meowmix

I have 23G or something... o__o didn't know what to use it for before, so I let it add up...

Now I don't know what to use it for except a Hardware Upgrade lol
(Gift Card for Shopping Channel is Out of Stock so ... need a new plan haha as that was my back up plan)

I am sure a lot of people would like to redeem their points and would love to hear a suggestion.

Any recommendation in your expert point of view?

1. HUP

2. Rogers on Demand Movies

3. ... What else?

Anyone else in the community want to suggest things to redeem the points for?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Whoa.. good to know..

I will make sure to use all i can, to do my wifes upgrade after the new phone comes out in Sept.
(confirmed earlier.. that yes you can use them with a device reservation)

Then use any straggling points for RoD stuff, etc.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I do wonder with this... the whole 'not enough people participating'... is somewhat to the 'volountary' change into it.

If you dont change your plans, etc.. you dont have to get it.. can keep your old plans and the bundle bonuses.

You have to look at the overall customer base...
How many THOUSANDS or more were 'supprised' by the analog to digital conversion and had no clue about it.. etc.
That MANY and MOST people get something.. and keep it there.. and never change it for 10+ years.. if it works dont change it sort of attitude..

How many were just never enrolled in the first place.

A FORCED enrolement might have increased the usage on it?
But there would be as just as big an issue of the forced into it thing Smiley Tongue

I Plan to Stick Around

I bet you most people didn't join because that would mean loosing their VIP bundle discounts.

So, as Edward Rogers so famously said:  

“We didn’t get a lot of credit that we rewarded customers for their tenure, their spend, the number of products, to the degree we honestly thought we did."

Is this how you reward customers?  By shuttering the reward program that was meant to reward customers?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @moxy

I agree with you but most never either applied for this or enrolled into it as they either have a better bundle discounts or just didn't find anything good about it but I like this rewards

It seems Rogers is taking away many things now which is a shame.