Rogers closing down Rogers First Rewards

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired Moderator RogersAliciaG
Retired Moderator

Re: Rogers closing down Rogers First Rewards

Hey everyone, 

Just a friendly reminder this topic is about Rogers First Rewards. 

Please have a look here for issues related to Community Forums log in. 

Regards,

RogersAliciaG

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@roxandtreez ... thank you very much for the info .   I guess I just don't follow Rogers logic or something.Smiley LOL

The other bulletin boards I've  been on  have a sign in button for if you want to  sign in and if you are signed in it changes automatically to be the sign out spot. 

I'm just not used to places like this where everything  has to be hidden away .

I Plan to Stick Around

Bill credit is back. Its a good news.

I've Been Here Awhile

Any Mods or Rogers Rewards Experts.

I joined Rogers Rewards because it was the BEST Rewards program out there. Being a Platinum Status (I have a lot of services) and a Rogers Bank Mastercard member, I get 4 points on the dollar. THAT's great, and BTW, that is the main reason why Rogers is cancelling the program. The replacement will be 1.75 per dollar rate, it's all about the money. Enough about my opinion, I am somewhat concerned about ongoing missing points from various sources, sometimes its from the Rogers Bill, sometimes it from Rogers Bank Statements, sometimes its from the Promo (BYOD for example). I received an email from Rogers basically stating that for example, the BYOD promo will get a LumpSum in Points in January 2016 to make up for the June 2016 Deadline. My question is should I be getting Rogers, to correct all these missing point "as they happen" or all at once in January. I spoke to someone on the phone last week about an Onoing issue with BYOD points, I have 3 devices on the account (Clearly visable) but only get TWO when and if I get the montly points ... currently missing @ 5-6K points to date. Come to think of it, maybe another reason for cancelling the program it that is so difficult to maintain with all this programs and bonuses and promos, which may be the real reason for the cancelation.

One plea to Rogers, the 4 to 1 ratio dropping to 1.75 to 1 doesn't seem all that fair to existing Rogers Rewards customers, I would think that you should mimic other folks like Aeroplan (Amex/TD) who offer 25,000-50,000 points where is Real terms is the equilavent of $200-500 bonuses instead of the $35 dollar your suggesting ... I am thinking $150 for existing customers.

Thanks for any advice or feedback.  

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

No one cares about what is fair for customers.  All they care about is what is fair for shareholders, which is more money from customers.

@MityQ wrote:

One plea to Rogers, the 4 to 1 ratio dropping to 1.75 to 1 doesn't seem all that fair to existing Rogers Rewards customers, I would think that you should mimic other folks like Aeroplan (Amex/TD) who offer 25,000-50,000 points where is Real terms is the equilavent of $200-500 bonuses instead of the $35 dollar your suggesting ... I am thinking $150 for existing customers.

I Plan to Stick Around

I just heard that Rogers was going to continue with the reward program. Anyone else hear anything about it?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Soundwave

Source? Where did you hear that rumour? Unfortunately no one has said anything and I doubt they would tell the world that the program isn't doing good due to low participation and then change their minds.
I Plan to Stick Around

It was mentioned on redflag deals. Would be sweet if true !
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @soundwave80

Can you send the link over? From what i know if it's not a Rogers rep saying it, then it's a rumour and take it with a grain of salt.
I Plan to Stick Around

I have no idea how to do links. Who ever said it wasn't a Rogers rep either so it's definitely just a rumor and not confirmed.
Order Now!
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone Live
LIVE: Saturday, January 18th 10:00 PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of January 16th

He's back! Irish superstar Conor McGregor makes his return to the Octagon on January 18, and he's kicking off 2020 with a welterweight showdown against the man with the most wins in UFC history, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Returning to action for the first time since October 2018 in the main event of UFC 246, the two-division champion from Dublin known as "The Notorious" one wants to make a statement against Albuquerque action hero Cerrone, who has picked up five post-fight performance bonuses in his last five bouts.

Topic Stats