Rogers closing down Rogers First Rewards

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Rogers closing down Rogers First Rewards

Why not take a lesson from the credit card people and if you pay your bill on time and your account is in good standing every 12 months your account is credited to the tune of 1/2 or 1% rebate of vaue spent. I don't understand the lure of all these games  where you have to spend time keeping track of and redeeming rewards. 

If tthe credit card companies can do the math and keep it simple ....why can't Rogers ? 

Instead of peddling a cedit card mybe it would be appreciated if they just made it the norm for all customers that pay their bill on time.

I Plan to Stick Around

For all the people wondering about the 1000 rewards points a month BYOD promo, we will receive our points until january and then, the balance will be add to our account in one shot. There is a paper at Rogers on this topic. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @rfj

That is good to hear!
I'm a Senior Advisor

@rfj wrote:

For all the people wondering about the 1000 rewards points a month BYOD promo, we will receive our points until january and then, the balance will be add to our account in one shot. There is a paper at Rogers on this topic. 

Do you have a link to that paper? All I can find is this:

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/account/first-rewards/387?setLanguage=en

And it says,

"You will continue to earn points until December 1, 2015 and will be able to redeem your points until June 30, 2016.

If you choose not to redeem your points, they will expire after June 30, 2016."

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello...

I have read that you are discontinuing the Rogers Rewards due to low participation.  Honestly, if you want to provide a loyalty program, hook up with Aeroplan or Air Miles.  Provide various extras via their programs for redemption.  That way, you don't have to manage it per se...just put up redeemable rewards on their sites and people can earn points based on monthly billing for their travel miles.

Kudo's to Rogers for doing in the so called Loyalty   Program.  Now, how be you reassign and retrain those staff to be knowledgeable customer service technicians  so we can ALL benefit  if you're not going  to give ALL of us, that have stayed with you and kept our billing current a break.

Holy cow even more Kudo's to Rogers .... the log in seems to be working far better this morning than it ever has. 

Question ... Why Air miles ... a mile per person on an air plane causes burns as much fuel as a mile per person travelled in a fuel efficient car does it not? Is that really what you want to promote.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@barndoor wrote:

Holy cow even more Kudo's to Rogers .... the log in seems to be working far better this morning than it ever has. 

Question ... Why Air miles ... a mile per person on an air plane causes burns as much fuel as a mile per person travelled in a fuel efficient car does it not? Is that really what you want to promote.

First of all, don't jinx it by saying the log-in is working. It was working great for me too, until I mentioned it. So this time I had to try all sorts of tricks, going from page to page until I was logged in to the Forum.

As for Air Miles, I think it's a brilliant idea because it's so honest and straightforward. In fact. it does not necessarily have anything to do with flying. I get most of my Air Miles from the liquor store. Then one of my local grocery stores (Foodland) started giving them out and even asking me if I want to redeem them. The last time I got $10 off my groceries.

Rogers Rewards, on the other hand, is really obscure. I don't even know how I accumulate them and there is no way to apply them towards any of my Rogers bills. I think they're only applicable towards upgrading to a more expensive plan, after which you just end up paying more per month. Basically a scam.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

OK, @OLDYELLR  it worked again this time to though .    Smiley Wink

Yes, I hear you on the airmiles for the most part  .... just that cash back is what I understand  best .  Smiley LOL

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@barndoor wrote:

Kudo's to Rogers for doing in the so called Loyalty   Program.  Now, how be you reassign and retrain those staff to be knowledgeable customer service technicians  so we can ALL benefit  if you're not going  to give ALL of us, that have stayed with you and kept our billing current a break.

Given Rogers' past HR behaviour, they won't retrain anyone, just fire everyone involved in this program.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats