Rogers closing down Rogers First Rewards

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Re: Rogers closing down Rogers First Rewards

@Gdkitty - No, I don't think you can "stock up". o__O
Not that I am aware of.

@OLDYELLR The reason for it not able to stack is because when you get a Free RoD movie. Its 1 code. Adding the same offer again will be the same code and the cable system doesn't see it as two seperate instances but rather 1.

All speculation. I could be horribly wrong. (I kind would hope I am wrong)

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It would have helped if they also didn't go through and remove all the bill credit rewards and "sell out" of the gift cards.

Retired Moderator RogersAliciaG
Retired Moderator

Hi, @Gdkitty

With Rogers First Rewards, you can redeem the same reward as often as you want. Smiley Happy

Please note, the current reward must be expired before it can be redeemed again. Unfortunately this means you can not stack them. Smiley Sad

Also, Rogers Video On Demand rentals automatically expire after 3 months.

Hopes this helps,

RogersAliciaG

I'm a Senior Advisor

I just had a look at my Rogers Rewards page and see two 2500 point "out of stock" items that are gift cards. What does that even mean? How can a virtual item be "out of stock". If they're cancelled or discontinued, why are they even shown? Makes no sense.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Rogers Employee

@RogersAliciaG thanks for confirming.

@OLDYELLR - I was thinking the same thing, How can virtual card be out of stock?
I assume the only possible way that can be out of stock is if the gift card number is out of stock. Each giftcard have a number in the system. If that listing ended then it would be out of stock.
Even if they aren't physical. That and perhaps there may be a limit of how many redemption can be made on month-by-month basis? (Which I have seen with EBgames before and Walmart)
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @OLDYELLR

I agree with you. I do not think everyone bought those items unless they only had 10 for each category which i am thinking they did
Rogers Employee

Hello @Meowmix
What about monthly limits of redemption? That is very likely.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

Well that could be true but you can use as many points as you want with one product but if its a limit on the cards, then maybe.
Rogers Employee

Hello @Meowmix
I would assume they should have done "Limit 2 per customer per month" or something.
Maybe, someone cashed out all their points on single gift card product, which could trigger the monthly quota of redemption? and then once that went out of stock, users flocked to the remaining? chain reaction. It can happen... very likely scenario.
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @OLDYELLR

I agree with you. I do not think everyone bought those items unless they only had 10 for each category which i am thinking they did

LOL! Yes, like when they have something on sale at the grocery store, but only a limited quantity, so it's sold out by the time you get there and no rain cheques.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario