Rogers closing down Rogers First Rewards

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Rogers closing down Rogers First Rewards

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @JohhnyRockets

That is true but again hoping Rogers will be able to give those customers some sort of a discount.

I guess we will see! I do think though, that not only is the rewards program dead in the water, but so are the BCB discounts unless you grandfathered them!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The premise was that if I lose the discount, I would get the points in return. They are reneging on their part of the bargain.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JohhnyRockets

Yeah that is what i was told yesterday too. The rep over the phone did say that some sort of a discount will come out soon but they cant release any info about it until then.
I Plan to Stick Around

Just checked the Reward site and most of the gift certificates are out of stock and the certificate to apply against your monthly Rogers bill is gone. Sure hope Rogers isn't going to leave its customers with points and nothing to use them for. Just not interested in what's currently available. My choice would a to apply the balance to my monthly bill.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Sailorman

Most will either use the points towards their upgrades or maybe get something from the cable side.

They should restock the cards for us!
Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Hey @Meowmix
I know they have the Shopping channel NHL cards... I wonder if that still works for TSA anyway. I didn't see any "limitation" for using it on any other part of TSA?
Maybe that's why it's still in stock o__O
I used TSA long time ago but over the phone... so no experience with online site
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ShakTiburon

It's most likely that reason. Might you it seems like many used the points for the gift cards or upgrades and or movies.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Right before its canned.. i wonder if you can 'stock up' on stuff.

EG: 
Dont have enough ponints left for anything else, but 3 movies.

Could you claim 3 of them on your account.. and have them just sit there as a 'credit waiting' sort of thing?

Then as you watch them after that timeframe they would be used.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Gdkitty

I hope they can do that. This is better if they did that
I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, what @Gdkitty said. The odd time I've received a promotionsl free movie credit from Rogers, but never used it because there was nothing on ROD that interested me, or I just didn't have the time. Banking movie credits would be a brilliant idea, but I doubt Rogers would go for it because it's what the customer would prefer.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario