Rogers closing down Rogers First Rewards

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Rogers closing down Rogers First Rewards

Hello @rfj

From what i heard its not valid anymore but maybe the chat has a code? The removal was not a mistake as Rogers reps have confirmed it that its been removed.
I Plan to Stick Around

Well its sad. Its more logical for a end of life program to provide users many options as possible to redeem theirs points. Most of the rewards were not interesting, especially because of high bonus points required for a low earning rate in general. If you earn 150 points a month, at least, use it to save a few bucks on your bill so nobody can complain. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Anything to lower their exposure and contain losses I suppose.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @rfj

I agree with you on that. This program would have been better with more options & less points for the options to get
I Plan to Stick Around

Hmmmm, wonder if they will reinstate the discounts for people who lost them after joining the program or leave them with nothing after the program winds down?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @moxy

Maybe but that all depends on if that program comes back on & if head office decides to do it.
I'm a Senior Advisor

So can someone here explain to me exactly what I can use my Rogers Reward points for?  It's not like it takes me any effort to keep collecting them, except I once had to confirm that I want to stay in the program. If the points are now only for useless stuff I don't care about instead of paying off my Rogers bills, it's disappointing, but really no great loss because I'm not going out of my way to get them. It's easier than whipping out my Air Miles card at the store.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@moxy wrote:

Hmmmm, wonder if they will reinstate the discounts for people who lost them after joining the program or leave them with nothing after the program winds down?

When you switched from the BCB discounts, Rogers did make it clear that once you switched, you would never get them back. It is one reason why we did not switch. Unfortunately, some people did not read the fine print!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JohhnyRockets

That is true but again hoping Rogers will be able to give those customers some sort of a discount.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @OLDYELLR

Look it up on the Rogers First Rewards site to see. There is all kinda things to get. Many use them either for movies or upgrades on their phones.
Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats