Rogers can't send a simple email bill

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers can't send a simple email bill

Correct, they dont include the actual bill on the email, for security purposes.
They dont even give the ACCOUNT number on it. 
Just the $ value.

As if the email is intercepted, your email hacked, etc... the hacker now has all that information available, name, address, account no, etc.

When you log in to view your bill, there IS an option to save as a PDF, if you do wish to keep a local copy.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

gdkitty is correct, they only send the amount, you need to login to your myrogers profile to view, save and print your bill to your hard drive.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

This would work if I wanted the bill sent to an @rogers.com account but I want the email bill sent to my @gmail.com account.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Because I want Rogers to send it to my @gmail.com account. I understand what you are saying but for me it is the principal of the thing. Rogers sends me promotions at my @gmail.com account, they send me "we've updated your account info" at my @gmail.com account. Why do I have to go the extra mile, even if it isn't a mile.

Also, not one of the reps mentioned my having to obtain an @rogers.com account to receive the email bill.

So my initial question still isn't answered: why is Rogers able to send me different emails at my @gmail.com account except the bill?

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

vandgpeters:

I have a gmail account and I always receive my monthly bill notifications from Rogers. When I set it up, I think I had to go into my Yahoo account and change my primary email address from a Rogers one to gmail. It's been a long time since I did it, but I think that's how it worked for me.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@Pauly wrote:

gdkitty is correct, they only send the amount, you need to login to your myrogers profile to view, save and print your bill to your hard drive.

@Gdkitty is not correct because Rogers doesn't even send an amount to my @Gmail.com account. 

@I guess I need to clarify my question. Why can't rogers send my bill to my @Gmail.com account?

The solutions that various people are giving don't answer the initial question but require me to go and either

@a. set up an @rogers.com account

b. set up a direct billing acount through my bank

c. set up a calendar reminder before my billing period is up.

@ON principle, I refuse to do these things. Rogers should be able to send me a simple email to my @Gmail.com account with the amount owing for the month. The onus should not be on me to solve the problem for Rogers.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

vandgpeters:

I just checked the email address in my My Rogers account and it's my gmail address. That means I changed it in 2 different places.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@jimboden wrote:

vandgpeters:

I have a gmail account and I always receive my monthly bill notifications from Rogers. When I set it up, I think I had to go into my Yahoo account and change my primary email address from a Rogers one to gmail. It's been a long time since I did it, but I think that's how it worked for me.

So it is possible for Rogers to send a bill notification to a gmail account. Your comment, unfortunately, isn't a solution to my problem.

I'm not trying to be difficult here either. But what you state doesn't explain, or solve, why Rogers can send me emails for other stuff, and yet be unable to send me the bill notification.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@jimboden wrote:

vandgpeters:

I just checked the email address in my My Rogers account and it's my gmail address. That means I changed it in 2 different places.

I've checked my My Rogers account and it is my gmail address too...

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As long as you have whitelisted the emaill address (or at least the whole domain *@rogers.com) on your gmail, and eliminated it
being bocked there.

It must be something on the back end.

Unfortunately, we are all users here too.. none of us works for rogers, nor can we fix it, if it is a back end issue.

Jimboden was just trying to say.. that rogers DONT force you to use @rogers.com email address to collect it.

You CAN receive it to gmail (when its working properly).
That you only get the amount due, the actual bill does not come to you via email (again, IF its working properly)