Rogers can't activate the SIM card I bought from them on my unlocked iPhone 5 from Apple.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers can't activate the SIM card I bought from them on my unlocked iPhone 5 from Apple.

When they try to save the SIM number to my phone it keeps defaulting to another phone number on my family plan.  They have tried 3 different SIM numbers and none of them will work.  Consequently I have been without my phone for 5 days now with no resolution.  Not impressed!  They tell me it is a "back end" problem with their software and are working on it.

Has anyone else experienced this?

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers can't activate the SIM card I bought from them on my unlocked iPhone 5 from Apple.

i thought a comment on another thread might be helpful. from user sprdave:

"I thought I would offer a "heads-up". I received my I-5 finally on day 28 Friday. You will need to have the latest upgrade of ITunes so grab 10.7 I think it is ??
The "system was down " and would not allow me to log on to the business self help to activate the new I -5 SIM card that came with new phone. So I called Rogers and they said the same thing system is down and can't activate. So I put the I -5 on my desk and texted my daughter with my old I-4 and low and behold the text I was sending to my daughter popped up as an I message on my new I -5. Then more texts popped up they were texts intended for my daughters I phone with a different #.
So I phoned Rogers again and they put me through to tech support and we did a full reset on the phone and set it to my phone # instead of my daughters. Now here's the "weird" part the Technical advisor asks me if I want my new I-5 SIM card activated ?? I said I thought the system was down ? He said its not down for me here ill make your new phone work and within a minutes new I-5 was active
Now why didn't the first person that I spoke to at Rogers not just put me through to Tech instead of just saying the system is down ? Why does Rogers constantly seem to disinform customers ??
So if you get the same I get just ask for tech support
Good luck to all
Dave"

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers can't activate the SIM card I bought from them on my unlocked iPhone 5 from Apple.

I called an account manager yesterday and we came up with the idea of getting a temporary new phone number on a separate account and then call forward my existing phone number to it via Rogers 1 Number.

I went to my local Rogers Wireless store and explained the situation to them.  He decided to try to activate a new SIM again (this is number 4 try, now) and surprise, surprise it worked!!

So on the 5th day of being without my phone suddenly it was working.  Hooray!!