Rogers announces 4K set top box and broadcasting in 4K with HDR

Samz2
I've Been Here Awhile
307 REPLIES 307

Re: Rogers announces 4K set top box and broadcasting in 4K with HDR

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @lockdown2341

Don't know why you tagged me as I know the difference and also have both boxes. 🙂

Also actually it Is up to Rogers to advertise it as its being sold by ROGERS. The reps should be aware and let the customers know. They are supposed to let the customers know. That is what customer service experience is all about. It doesn't matter what the name of the product is. The sells reps and techs are supposed to inform the customer what it can and can not do. If the customers haven't done any reviews or search about it, the seller aka Rogers should let them know which are the reps.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @jamesawilcock

Not all of them have a PVR function. The reason why they didn't release that is due to the software which Rogers is putting into the Technicolor 4K PVR box which is stated to be released soon.

jamesawilcock
I've Been Here Awhile

Will we be charged a fee for switching to the new version when it becomes available?  That would be pretty annoying since that is what we thought we were getting in the first palce.  

The main question is when exactly it will appear because right now I'm undecided whether to hang on without PVR or return aour box and get our old N3HDPVR back.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @jamesawilcock

Yes you will as the PVR version will cost a bit more then the non PVR model. Just like how the NB3 and the HD box have different prices.

Unfortunately no one knows yet. It was delayed due to a issue.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@jamesawilcock So you "upgraded" from a Nextbox 3.0 HDPVR to the new 4K box and nobody explained you would lose the PVR function. Sounds like used car salesman tactics to me, or the sales person didn't know the difference. If I were you I'd immediately get it switched back to a Nextbox 3.0 and make sure you're not paying the higher monthly rental. Personally, I could not live without my PVR. After that, I wouldn't jump at getting a 4K PVR whenever they become available until you know there are no bugs with them by following these forums.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @OLDYELLR

Agreed!. As i explained on page 29 to another user that it's customer service experience if u get all the details. If the store rep doesn't give u those, then it's not customer service at all. Lack of information can get the customer confused and blamed for something they are not at fault.

mramage
I've Been Here Awhile

We are now into JUne - any updates on 4K PVR, or should I just resign my self to switching to Bell Vibe.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @mramage

Unfortunately nothing has been said publicly yet so far. Now there is rumors going around end of summer which makes no sense what's so ever as we all know Bell has their PVR out but I do wonder maybe it's happening because of the Navigtr update causing the drawbacks. The update on the current NB3 boxes have had many issues. Maybe they are trying to make those issues go away before releasing the 4K PVR box instead of it having full of bugs.

mramage
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @mramage

You are welcome.

nvgk456
I've Been Here Awhile

At this point is all content shown on the 4k channels in 4k? Or is it just some with the rest being upscaled? Anything on shomi yet?

I was a bit disappointed to see that while it is noticably better than Rogers HD picture, it's barely better than Bell Fibe HD so for me 4k doesn't seem worth it with Rogers. Netflix it looks amazing. Is this just me?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @nvgk456

Only channels are in 4K are 4 Sports channels and channel 999 which gives u some 4K containt that u can watch.

Again you have to understand this just came out. Do you remember when 1080P came out? Same thing. It lagged a bit until more broadcasters got into it and all the equipment was there for it. The 4K image on Rogers is amazing. It's as good as Netflix. Also u have to realize that there are only a complain shows and movies on 4K on Netflix. Same with Rogers.

As for shomi, i hope they add soon that selection.

nvgk456
I've Been Here Awhile
After watching the Euro final today, it looked great. I think most events shown on the 4k channels must only be upscaled because this looked much better than many other sports events I've seen.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hey guys!

Anyone that is paying for the VIP 4K channels I would highly suggest to call in and have them waive it as on the Rogers website it states that anyone getting the 4K box and the VIP 4K package won't have to pay for 1 year ( no agreement, they are doing it as a gift of some sort) I called and did it. So i would highly suggest doing it!
We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats