Did you mean: 

Rogers announces 4K set top box and broadcasting in 4K with HDR

Samz2
I've Been Here Awhile
307 REPLIES 307

Re: Rogers announces 4K set top box and broadcasting in 4K with HDR

kh29
I Plan to Stick Around

i have a question my dad just got samsung un48ju6800 and he has a netbox 3 and is it enable of resolution to 2160p

neilpalmer400
I'm a Trusted Contributor

No, though a TV could upscale the output of the Nextbox 3 from 1080i to 2160p.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @neilpalmer400

Tech it can BUT not to near 4K though. Believe me i work in the industry & see it & how many complain about it with the current Rogers & Bell boxes. They say its choppy & such.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @kh29

Sadly no. It can upscale but not to 4K. It can only upscale to a certain resolution which may be close to 2160P

dreamer_cast
I Plan to Stick Around
I'm also seeing my NB 4K turn on on its own....and today is the first time I've seen the 999 channel become choppy and unwatchable....

Has anyone been able to add this receiver to a harmony profile?

dreamer

Schummi
I Plan to Stick Around
It's the same frequency as my old 8300hd pvr box. So I didn't even have to reprogram my harmony. Try the profile for the 8300hd and see.

dreamer_cast
I Plan to Stick Around

Ya I still have my NB 3 profile running it and so far it runs it OK...was just curious if it's in the Logitech database....

dreamer

jayman69
I'm Here A Lot

Currently watching the raps celtics game. Can see slight differences in picture quality from tsn to (999 tsn4k). I feel this is mainly due to the tv upscaling the 1080 feed. I feel for the last year the tv has upscaled a lot and now i only notice a small upgrade in quality from 1080 upscale to current 4k. Just went upstairs and checked the 1080 feed on my 1080 TV. Def a better picture on the 4kTV campared to the 1080 TV

YtanyaY
I'm a Senior Contributor

@neilpalmer400 wrote:

@Schummi wrote:
Just an update for Meowmix. My 4k box still turns on by itself. I wish they would fix this.

At least it turns on.  Many Nextbox 2 & Nextbox 3 customers who are victims of the latest Navigatr update from Rogers find the box keeps going to sleep and the ONLY way they can turn it on is to UNPLUG THE POWER CORD TO FORCE A REBOOT.  And this is happening to many customers several times a day !

Would you know if these very lucky people have had the NAVIGATR since July or more recently. I am trying to do some research!

Since mine has responded so far and my <LOSS-OF-TELEVISION-ENTERTAINMENT-AS-I-KNEW-it> present came on December 18th, 2015 – (A FRIDAY) I wonder if the NB 3.0 being subject to less time with the <should-have-recalled-it-in-July-IMO> ACCIDENT, may not have succumbed yet whereas those BOXES who received the "PRE-program" in July may have reached their time-limit.

Just a thought!

And I am sorry and thank you!

AnonymousUser

Can anyone with a Harmony remote confirm what model you used to add the 4k box to your list of devices?

The CAV10242HD listed on the front of the box is not available in Harmony's database.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @AnonymousUser

I am using the Harmony Elite and even though it didn't find it, I did the other steps that show me on my phone app and it worked.

Here's the image below

image.jpegimage.png

image.pngimage.png

AnonymousUser
Images don't show up for me. Odd.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @AnonymousUser

The mods will have to approve of the images before they are allowed on. The images show my Harmony Elite programmed for the 4K box and also the app showing a few things as well.

AnonymousUser

Ok, but what box did you select?

I set my Ultimate to use the 9865HD for now, still functions ok, just would be nice to have the proper box added.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @AnonymousUser

Once it showed there is no box with that name it told me something about if u have the Rogers remote press power and point it at the top of the Harmony hub. Follow the steps that show up on the app. That's all.

It told me to press the power button, the channel up, volume up and some other steps via the Rogers remote pointing ontop of the hub.

YtanyaY
I'm a Senior Contributor

@Meowmix wrote:

Hello @AnonymousUser

Once it showed there is no box with that name it told me something about if u have the Rogers remote press power and point it at the top of the Harmony hub. Follow the steps that show up on the app. That's all.

It told me to press the power button, the channel up, volume up and some other steps via the Rogers remote pointing ontop of the hub.

COMPLETELY LOST but do you think the ABOVE sequence of buttons would do anything (GOOD) for the 9865 PVR POWER-SAVING feature?

(I.E. DELETE / DISABLE IT?)

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @YtanyaY

Dont ask me. Go ask Harmony. They are the ones that showed me a few steps and followed. My Harmony Elite works just fine.

thekev11
I've Been Around

Does anyone know when whole home pvr will be available on the 4K boxes? And why does it turn on by itself randomly?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @thekev11

Most likely it will be enabled when the 4K PVR will be available. Many don't see it but the reason they did it is because the 4K PVR which should be released March / April can record 4K VS the NB3 which can AND it also have new internals and a new MoCa filter.

So best bet is when the 4K PVR Box comes out it will be enabled.

I just got my second 4K box this morning for my living room.

billmcintyre

Hi @thekev11

Reports say Rogers is going to be coming out with a 4K PVR mid April.  I'm pretty sure that box will be whole home compatible - but you could call Rogers tech support to confirm this - but the regular tech phone number may NOT be able to help you.  You could try the regular Rogers tech support number, but then also try 1 866 804-5208.  The latter number is specifically a 4K dept - and they may know much, much more about 4K issues.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @billmcintyre @thekev11

Even if you call them, the same answer me and u get them would be given. The information will only come out close to the date of the release for the 4K PVR Box.

They want to keep it all together and also the new boxes use a new MoCa filter which can't do Whole Home PVR with the current NB3. Also the technician that I have been speaking to said they rather have the 4K PVR Box and 4K box work together for the Whole Home PVR then the other way around.
Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats