Rogers announces 4K set top box and broadcasting in 4K with HDR

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers announces 4K set top box and broadcasting in 4K with HDR

Very impressed with the quality of this 4k raptors broadcast. The picture is gorgeous! Flipping between this and the hd channel is like night and day. Loving the bt sports feed with no commercials too!
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Im super excited for the Leafs Habs game Jan 23rd! 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Meowmix,

The issue with Stingray seems to have disappeared.  Unless I am mistaken, so has the issue with the box turning on by itself.  This is the first morning I woke to it turned off.  Have you noticed this or am I just lucky today.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jayman69

So am i!. I'm not really into the Raptors but Leafs I love!
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Schummi

I wasn't home last night as I stayed over at my parents house for the night. I'll see if my girlfriend sees it on or off when she gets home or when I go ( depends on our timing)
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Not sure what is up with Rogers today but I have been waiting to speak with a Rogers Support Agen for Cable for over an hour on the phone when the auto message said 6-8 minutes - I REALLY should have opted for the call back but at this point I'm going to wait on hold because I have an issue already with my 4k Rogers Box.

Channel 999 is VERY laggy and choppy. At one point the audio was clear and smooth however the video or should I say 'still images' were like a slide show. I rebooted the box and got the video back however it is pausing every 3-5 seconds and is very laggy, like a video loading on the web at dial up speeds. It was fine when technician installed earlier today but is not unbearable to watch. 

The technician did not install the ethernet cable into the box. Should he have? 

Also, the frequency of the 4k Box remote is the same as my 9865 PVR box remote 😞

Anyone have these issues with channel 999? 

Also I do not see ANY 4k on the Shomi channel.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Dimundz88

I had that issue in the beginning but it stopped after a couple of days.

How is that possible? The new back light remote I got from Rogers does NOT work on the 9865PVR box and the original remote for that one does not fully work on the 4K box. Hmmm.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello @Meowmix,

A technician is scheduled to come back tomorrow to check the signal. 999 is still frozen with still images, no video but clear audio. 

The other channels are bad but not nearly as bad as 999. 

Can anyone confirm 4k content is currently available on Shomi? If so, what and where as I do not see anything. 

Yes, I am very dissapointed the remotes are on the same frequency. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Dimundz88

So i tried the new remote on my 9865
Box and it doesn't work :/. So i don't know how it's working for u but many others have said the same how it doesn't work vise versa. Either way.

Yes i haven't seen any 4K on Shomi yet. Hopefully soon it will come out..
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Hi @Dimundz88

Yes - you CAN NOT trust the automaton on Rogers phone system who tells you how long you will be waiting for a tech to answer your call.  I too was told a month ago it would be 5 minutes - and it took a half hour - and WHY is it that SOMETIMES the feature to have Rogers call YOU when they have a tech ready to answer your call IS available - and sometimes it is NOT?

And my cable was REALLY broken up today.  I record several programs during the afternoon - and the signal was so messed up that only half of the half hour program recorded.  It took me 10 minutes to watch a half hour recording.  It was all blocky and stuttery and 'static.'

So the problem you are having with ch 999 may be (at least party due to) general problems with Rogers signal today.  I don't know if it's the cold?  I don't think that is the cause.

And about remote frequencies.  It SURE would be nice if someone at Rogers would pipe up and tell us if the 4K box operates on the same remote control frequency as the NB 3.  Or not.

And there STILL is NOT ANY 4K content on Shomi.  I've specifically called Rogers to ask about it - and they put me through to Shomi - and the first time I called Shomi I was on hold for a HALF HOUR before I gave up - but the next day when I reached someone they said - no - no 4K content yet on Shomi.