Rogers also crediting $100 for Lumia 900 !!!!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Rogers also crediting $100 for Lumia 900 !!!!

Nokia is the ONLY company that offered $100 of your bill ( with Rogers of course)

Apple offered ONLY a case.. Which was pretty lame IMO.

Anyways i suggest anyone that got this with a contract to contact Rogers & have them give you the $100 credit on your account.
Gawd
I've Been Around

I read somewhere (and hope) that the $100 is connected to the IMEI #, so if you buy a Lumia 900 and register its IMEI with your Rogers account, you'll get the $100 credit. But then a Rogers CSR told me the credit is only available to new 3 year activations. So much misinformation. I guess the best thing to do is wait and see.

But why am I not eligible for the credit just because I bought the phone outright anyway? It's the SAME PROBLEM whether you signed a new 3 year or if you're an outright buyer.

My Lumia has been on my desk since last night without data connection because of this bug. 2 things will make me forget this anger-inducing problem... $100 credit and the software update.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

The reason why people that paid fill price for the phone are not getting the $100 rebate is because Nokia & Rogers made the deal that ONLY new activations & upgrades will get the $100 rebate. You are paying full price for the phone & not locking into a contract. This is why.

Not really. if you buy the phone outright you can do w.e you want with it. If you sign up on a 3 year term you will have to stay with that phone until you are able to get another one. Yes the problem is for all the Lumia 900 but those are the rules.

I must say its not good seeing those rules but its there.

Yes the IMEI number needs to be registered into a Rogers account in order to get the $100 rebate. That is true.
MagnumD
I've Been Around

You're not actually defending that or think it makes sense do you?

You do realize the credit is for a problem with the phone.  

The credit is from Nokia.

It shouldn't be used a promotion to get people to sign a contract or join Rogers.

stevenliu12
I Plan to Stick Around

If you want a totally unlocked phone,wait a while,then international version will come up without LTE chip.
mii
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix; after speaking with several store reps, call centre reps, OOP and CET I have summarized in order to meet the criteria to get the following must be met:
1. The phone must be a Rogers IMEI
2. The phone must be activated on a Rogers BAN
3. The CTN assigned associated to the device on the BAN best be under a contract.
4. You do not not necessarily need to HUP your line or be a new activation to recieve the credit.

Consider this scenario; you are ineligible for a HUP, but you are under a contract with Rogers. So you go out, buy this phone at full price from a Rogers dealer and activate it on a CTN thats under contract with Rogers. In this scenario you would still receive the credit.

It doesn't make any sense why you wouldn't. You still suffer the data issue, you're still losing data service with your carrier because of it as well. So you have to lose out? No..I've confirmed this with Nokia as well by talking to them directly and if you search the Nokia Care twitter postings you'll see this information validated there numerous times.

The key thing here is you DO have to be under a contract but its not necessary that that contract be from a HUP or new activation to the Lumia 900.
dvsrydin
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Mil for posting this.  I had tried several times to get a straight answer from the Rogers reps, but consistently was getting different answers (and actually had a few reps hang up after about 10 mins on hold... probably because they had no idea how to answer the question). 

And to Meowmix, take this as a lesson learned -  To your earlier point, if someone was given a phone at a discount from Rogers, there is no contract saying that they must keep the phone.  The client can go off and sell it immediatley if they want - they own the phone, they have the right to do whatever they please with it.    Most likely you've hindered the sales of the Lumia with your incorrect posts....

mii
I Plan to Stick Around

Keep in mind what I have posted is currently a summarziation of my conversation with Rogers/Nokia; only time will tell what truth lies in the words.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

First off i never said they need to keep it. Second i can supply a the hole email ftom Nokia Canada head office and Rogers head office when i emailed them about this. If they gave me the wrong info then its their fault not mine.  If you read most of my post are correct on here. Also one other thing. When people get told something from head office or reps we believe them right? So that is what happend. 

If you can prove i was lied then be my guest. But i do have both emails from Rogers headoffce and Nokia Canada head office.

EDIT - Also no where on the site or Nokia does it say "if you buy the phone outright you get the $100 rebate."

has anyone gotten the $100 rebate when they got the phone outright? i have seen 0 posts that they got it but j do see posts thaf people with contracts got the rebate.. once i get home tonight ill post the links

liushuofeng
I Plan to Stick Around

The rebate is gonna appear on our first or second rogers' bill. Just need to wait and see```