Rogers also crediting $100 for Lumia 900 !!!!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Rogers also crediting $100 for Lumia 900 !!!!

Those who signed a contract have to stick with Rogers & pay a $500 cancellation fee to go with another carrier. Also they have to pay monthly fees as well. All you need to do is pay roughly $10 & unlock it for good & use it with another carrier. see the difference?
Just because the phone is Rogers locked does not mean you will get all the discounts & credits you want...

All in all you are not getting the $100 credit. The credit ONLY applies if you have a contract with Rogers. I am sure you can understand it.. ITs not hard.

Complaining & saying " its not fair" will do nothing. You paid almost $600 for it. Your problem not theirs.  They are issuing a update anyways for it. Also Rogers is giving the Credit Not Nokia. Nokia just told Rogers & ATT to issue the $100 credit. This means the credit has to go towards the monthly invoice.

liushuofeng
I Plan to Stick Around

Moreover, people get rebate, because of the problem occurs on lumia 900, not because of the fault of the carrier. So why people buy without contract is not able to get the rebate?

liushuofeng
I Plan to Stick Around

I asked the dealer in rogers' store. They said they can't unlock this device because it is exclusive with rogers!!!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I am guessing after the 3 posts you still have not understood it..

Lets go over this again shall we?.

People that pay full price for a phone have a choice to do whatever they want with the phone. This means they can unlock it & use it with the carrier they choice.
People that paid $99 for it on a 3 year term have to stay with Rogers or pay a cancellation fee to leave Rogers. That means they are going to pay over $1200 within 3 years to use the phone & service.

You paid $550 for the phone without taxes. People that signed a contract paid $99 for it. They are paying less because they are going to be in a 3 year term ( contract) in which the phone will be paid off within 2 years. ( roughly.)

The rebate was not issues at the start. The rebate was issues lastnight. This means whoever signs a contract gets the rebate & whoever does not stick to pay $550+ tax for the phone. The end.

Nokia never said they would give you the phone for $450 because that is them losing money. I am sure if you were in Nokia's position you would do the same.

Anyways i have explained it clear enough for you to understand. If you choice to think you should get a $100 credit go try, be my guest but Rogers nor Nokia will give you it. Do not try to get everything for a lower prices because people that sign a contract do...

The phone can be unlocked via internet or a thrid party cellphone store. You need to look around. Rogers reps will tell you anything to believe..

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1759059-Nokia-Lumia-900-Unlocking-code-to-use-it-on-Bell-...

liushuofeng
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah, I can clearly see your point.

But I just called Nokia, the rep said if you buy a phone without contract from AT&T, you can grab your receipt to a AT&T store to get rebate. So should I believe it or not? And if that is right, will the same thing happen if I go to a rogers store??

I am really sorry to be so obsessive to this question, if that bothers you @Meowmix

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

You are talking about ATT not Rogers. ATT is in the states.. No most of the times rules are different for Canada and the states.
Mayoo
I Plan to Stick Around

two attempts and no one knows 😞 ... Going to call again .. 

liushuofeng
I Plan to Stick Around

I guess you need to wait for 2 days before they really know what's going on...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

The reps are emails but some do not read the emails until a few days later. Also remember Nokia & Rogers just said this last night. Not every rep will know.. Thousands of reps work for Rogers. Not every single one will know at once. Also the call centers are around Canada in which have different time zones.

Anyways all in all I got the rebate after speaking to Mark a manager at the retentions. He knew about it & was able to give it too me. I know a few others as well that got the rebate.

Its a hit & miss until you find the rep that knows about it.

John555
I Plan to Stick Around

I haven't experienced any problems but I'll take the credit 🙂

Looks like this is coming from Nokia, they may have gotten trashed a lot by Apple/Android fanboy media types but good on them, admitted a problem right away, working on an update and giving their customers something back!