Rogers - You have some bad pathing nodes ( Pathpings inside ):

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lyphe
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers - You have some bad pathing nodes ( Pathpings inside ):

Rogers,

I started to notice hiccups when gaming ... or streaming ... or even chatting to your echat tech support.  After running many pathpings and various times and to different IPs, your hop #3 kept coming up as losing packets which is obviously problematic.  Hoping this will get shown to somebody that can check it out.

Problem nodes were showing as 209.148.241.221 and/or 209.148.245.69.

***edited labels***

RogersWagdy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Rogers - You have some bad pathing nodes ( Pathpings inside ):

Is any member of the Community able to assist @Lyphe with their concern?

RogersWagdy

soccerbro
I've Been Around

Did you ever get this issue resolved? I'm noticing the exact same thing with hop 3 (up to 35% packet loss at those IP addresses) and it is affecting my online gaming.

RogersShakir
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @soccerbro

I am going to tag our great Resident Experts @Gdkitty and @Datalink who are best suited to answer your networking question.

Anyone else in the community having related concerns or have a solution please chime in 🙂
Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There isn't anything that anyone on this forum can do to solve Rogers network congestion or Rogers server issues as seen at various nodes.    I've said that before and I'll say it again.  This is a Rogers issue plain and simple, even considering the fact that return paths for ICMP ping tests can be totally different from the forward path.  It should be kicked over to the Network Operations Center where Rogers network engineers can make some determination of what the problem is.  The fact that two individuals (possibly living in different geographical areas) are reporting the same issue at the same downstream point indicates network congestion or a malfunctioning server, or, possibly that the server doesn't have the horsepower it needs at this point in time to handle the load that is assigned to it. 

RogersShakir
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@Datalink, Definitely appriciate your assistance and input on this.

@soccerbro I'll have @CommunityHelps reach out to you via direct PM to further assist you. Please look for the icon on top right of this page to respond to it.

Thank you,
RogersShakir