Rogers Yahoo messenger on email page, how do I shut it off permanently

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

Rogers Yahoo messenger on email page, how do I shut it off permanently

Okay so I just recently noticed that every time I go to my email page the rogers yahoo messenger pops up and has me marked as available.  I don't use messenger, never have never will.  It is annoying that it is showing me as available.

I have tried setting it to offline, but every time I leave email and come back to it, it puts me at available.

How can I set this permanently offline or better yet remove the rogers yahoo messenger.  It is something I don't want and never asked for and it is annoying.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Yahoo messenger on email page, how do I shut it off permanently

Hmm.. i will have to dig more in depth this afternoon into it.

I know on the PREVIOUS mail layout..mine always stayed offline. 
SInce it was minimized at the side, never noticed that it was actually there/online in the new layout.. and mine (which was always offline before) is showing online.

See if i can find a way 🙂

I'm a Regular

thanks I would appreciate that.  I googled and found lots of answers that basically say to click on it and put it on offline and it should now be offline...obviously that doesn't work...as soon as you go back to your email it goes back to available.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That i have been able to find.. theres NOTHING that can be done 😞

Looks like, its all AUTO built into the new mail interface.. auto there, auto on.. with anyone who has a yahoo or rogers/yahoo email address 😞

I'm a Trusted Contributor

This is probably not too helpful, but....

What do you use as your home page? I have a yahoo.ca email address and myyahoo.ca is my home page. When I click on the email icon it takes me directly to my inbox and I don't even see an option for rogers messenger.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When loging into the MAIL itself.. it takes you to the NEW design (i think the mail, is forced new design... you can bypass the 'news' page with the old one  with my.yahoo.ca, but it still takes you to the new mail design)

Along the left hand side, under your inbox, folders, etc.. there is a messenger heading.. may need to be expanded to see it.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Yes, the messenger link is on the left side of the page. I too am experiencing the same issues of messenger automatically logging me in whenever I open my Webmail page. Earlier today, it did allow me to log out but just now, I could not even do that. Though the option to log out was there, after clicking it, I was still logged in. The best I could do was change my status to invisible. I hope that  Rogers can contact Yahoo over this issue!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

From what I could find, it's a global change to the yahoo infrastructure to the page, they purposely did. Yahoo mail has the same issues 😞

Maybe if Rogers prods they can get a change..

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Yahoo did reply here and apparently the issue is resolved!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130828100920AAQmC5b

When I go into Webmail, it is no longer logging me into Messenger!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

wow.. that was fast.. and they actualy fixed it... for once im impressed with yahoo.